Local News Now, the publisher of ARLnow, Reston Now and other local news websites, is seeking an individual of uncommon organizational and interpersonal skills to be our Manager of Accounts and Marketing.
This new position, within a growing startup-style company, will entail working closely with LNN’s Director of Operations and our founder to help achieve the marketing goals of our clients and of our company. This person will coordinate with clients and help them create successful advertising campaigns, while also executing internal marketing and digital lead generation campaigns.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively with clients to ensure we are consistently meeting their needs and goals.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- A passion for problem solving and overcoming business challenges with high attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing techniques. Understanding of Google DFP, Google Analytics and/or WordPress is a plus.
- Technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn how to use new digital tools.
- Ability to organize, juggle and prioritize multiple client accounts and campaigns.
- Someone who is proactive, responsible and can work independently.
- Prior sales or account management experience is a plus.
The position offers:
- Competitive compensation.
- Health insurance.
- Energy-filled work environment in a Clarendon co-working space.
Do you possess the attributes listed above? Does helping to build a successful business model for online local news sound like a mission that you would like to support? If so, email us ([email protected]) a resume and a two-sentence explanation of what excites you about this opportunity. Please also note if you have any of the following optional skills/experience:
- Graphic design/Adobe Photoshop.
- News-style writing.
- Digital inbound marketing and/or paid social marketing.
- Notable social sports or pub trivia skills, should any inter-office competition arise.