Support

Ambar Back Open After Weekend Fire

Ambar in Clarendon opened for lunch today (Monday), a day after a rooftop air handler caught fire and prompted a large fire department response.

“Ambar Clarendon passed inspection this morning and was able to re-open for lunch service today, two days sooner than expected,” a spokeswoman tells ARLnow.com. In a statement, the restaurant’s owners said that “we appreciate everyone’s support, and are grateful that we were able to reopen quickly.”

A fire department spokesman said that the fire was caused by excess grease in the air handling system.

Photo courtesy @DrRachael_09

Recent Stories

Morning Notes

Dems to Discuss School Board Caucus — “Unsurprisingly, perhaps, into this climate of culture war skirmishes surrounding public education comes opposition to the Arlington County Democratic Committee’s long-standing caucus process…

Just Reduced includes a 4 BD/3.5 BA home with an unfinished basement, two-car garage fenced yard.

A fire broke out Tuesday night at the Pentagon Centre shopping center, next to the Pentagon City Metro station. The fire broke out shortly before 11 p.m. Early video, below,…

An employee at a local McDonald’s was beat up over an incorrect order last night. The alleged incident happened around 11 p.m. Monday on the 5000 block of Wilson Blvd,…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list