If you’re looking forward to an end to this week’s steamy weather, there’s good news and bad news.
It seems set to cool down a bit Saturday, but only because rain seems likely to return. Some weather watchers are even calling for downpours and flooding.
A reminder to think twice before hopping on the Metro this weekend, as major track work starts Saturday and lasts for the next two weeks. Sunday’s “Unite the Right 2” rally in D.C. will mean additional headaches for commuters, and D.C. officials are taking precautions to prepare for the arrival of white supremacists downtown. Arlington police say there aren’t any events planned in the county surrounding the event, but some county residents are taking some online action.
Check out our event calendar for more info on what’s going on this weekend, and be sure to catch up on our top articles of the past week:
- Metro Warns Silver, Orange, Blue Line Riders: Stay Away, Starting Saturday
- Morning Poll: Should Washington-Lee HS Be Renamed?
- Girl Believed to be Abducted from DCA Found Safe
- Owner of Lyon Park Vegetarian Restaurant Dies
- With Amazon Looming, Developers Increasingly Link Crystal City to Potomac Yard
Head on down to the comments to discuss these stories or anything else local. Have a great weekend.
Flickr pool photo via John Sonderman