Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Arlington’s fall real estate market was a bit sluggish this week as sellers listed only 65 homes and buyers ratified only 54 contracts. Perhaps the dismal rainy weather has kept buyers unusually inactive. In a typically strong fall market we should see 60-70 ratified contracts this time in September.
While the mid-price points are still very robust, the upper end market of homes priced $1.5 million and above is showing some softness. We are starting to see more price reductions and longer days on market at this price level.
The Fed once again raised short terms rates by 0.25% this week which will effect consumer loans, but long term rates for mortgages backed off a little after last week’s sudden spike. Most lenders are quoting 4.75%-4.875% for 30-yr fixed rate mortgages. But shop around. It’s a volatile week for mortgages and rates are varying greatly.
Your renovation or new home could cost more in the coming months. The Trump Administration tariffs are impacting the cost of numerous building materials and fixtures from lumber, drywall and granite to light fixtures and toilets.
Contractors are considering including “escalation” clauses in their contracts that allows them to adjust their pricing based on future costs.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 1001 N. RANDOLPH ST #722, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 — $379,900
- 4518 36TH ST S. #B2, ARLINGTON, VA 22206 — $458,990
- 1000 20TH ST S., ARLINGTON, VA 22202 — $729,000
- 633 N. ABINGDON ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22203 — $794,900
- 3465 N. EMERSON ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 — $849,000
- 408 N. FLORIDA ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22203 — $955,000
- 1109 ILLINOIS ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22205 — $999,000
- 1730 N. ADAMS ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 — $1,195,000