Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Happy New Year!
Team Cathell wishes you and your family a fun and safe new year.
The week between Christmas and New Year’s is always the sleepiest of the year and this week is no exception. Only 10 sellers braved to put their homes on the market this week, but 26 buyers ratified contracts, mostly on homes that had been on the market over 30 days. That raised the average days on market to 46.
Wall Street’s intense volatility this week is credited with lowering mortgage rates yet again. The huge rally on Wednesday revealed investor’s confidence in continued US economic growth going into 2019. Mortgage rates dipped about seven basis points to 4.6% for a 30-yr fixed rate mortgage with no points. That should inspire more home buyers next week to go out and ratify a contract so they can lock in that rate.
As Freddie Mac pointed out yesterday, “the economy remains healthy, so the drop in mortgage rates should stem or even reverse the slide in home sales that occurred during the second half of 2018.”
Click here to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 1780 N. Troy Street Unit #15705, Arlington, VA 22201 – $282,000
- 4191 S. Four Mile Run Drive Unit #104, Arlington, VA 22204 – $289,900
- 1200 N. Hartford Street Unit #502, Arlington, VA 22201 – $794,900
- 6232 22nd Street N., Arlington, VA 22205 – $855,000
- 525 N. Kenmore Street, Arlington, VA 22201 – $875,000
- 900 N. Stafford Street Unit #2620, Arlington, VA 22203 – $975,000
- 2130 N. Thomas Street, Arlington, VA 22207 – $1,474,500
- 4527 N. Rock Spring Road, Arlington, VA 22207 – $1,900,000