The first weekend of 2019 is set to be a warm and wet one.
The forecast is calling for a whole lot of rain to move into the D.C. area starting tonight, and lingering into Saturday as well. At least temperatures will shoot up into the 50s for most of the weekend.
Check out our event calendar if you need a few things to fill your time this weekend. But if you’re planning on using the Metro to get there, watch out: trains on the Blue and Yellow lines will be single-tracking between the Pentagon City and National Airport stations, meaning that trains on both lines will only run once every 20 minutes.
If you’re stuck on the train or otherwise behind on your Arlington news, you can also catch up on our most popular stories of the past week:
- Former A-Town Space in Ballston Set to be Transformed into German Food Hall
- Police Arrest Arlington Woman in Connection with Fatal Stabbing on New Year’s Day
- Man Shot on S. Glebe Road, Expected to Survive
- Clarendon Gym Owner Pleads Guilty to Federal Drug Charges
- Longtime Rosslyn Pizzeria Piola Shuts Down
Head down to the comments to discuss these stories or anything else local. Have a great weekend!
Flickr pool photo via wolfkann