Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Happy New Year!
Arlington’s real estate market is coming in like a lamb for 2019, but will likely soon turn into a lion. It was a boring week with only 10 new listings and 19 ratified contracts. Incredibly, there are only 190 active listings of homes for sale and that includes condos, townhomes and single family. We are starting the new year with the lowest level of inventory since the crazy years of 2001-2005.
The national media is reporting a slowdown in the housing market with low inventory, depressed luxury home prices and fewer sales. The consumer confidence index is down slightly and fewer buyers are applying for mortgages.
But locally, the buzz on the street is that Arlington has tremendous pent up demand looking for a place to happen. So, watch out. As soon as fresh inventory starts hitting the market we can expect to see buyers pounce. Don’t be surprised to see bidding wars in the early spring market starting this month.
Buckle up. I think it’s going to be a wild spring.
Click here to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 4343 N. Lee Highway Unit #706, Arlington, VA 22207 — $225,000
- 5111 8th Road S. Unit #401, Arlington, VA 22204 — $279,000
- 3650 S. Glebe Road Unit #1044, Arlington, VA 22202 — $425,000
- 1020 N. Highland Street Unit #601, Arlington, VA 22201 — $650,000
- 1608 N. Quincy Street, Arlington, VA 22207 — $850,000
- 27 N. Fenwick Street, Arlington, VA 22201 — $998,900
- 2829 1st Road N., Arlington, VA 22201 — $1,239,999
- 3411 N. Woodrow Street, Arlington, VA 22207 — $2,949,000