Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
It doesn’t seem like it when you look outside, but Arlington’s Spring real estate market is already here.
Eager buyers snatched up 42 homes this week with ratified contracts, several in bidding wars. Some 14 of those homes sold within seven days on the market and sellers listed 38 homes.
Inventory remains very low, and lack of good options is probably holding back a lot of buyers.
Mortgage rates fluctuated based on bond market activity this week but ended up unchanged at 4.5% for a 30-year fixed rate with no points. The National Association of Realtors (NAR) this week report that the number of home sales in 2018 was down nearly 11% from 2017, but home prices still inched upward.
Going into 2019, the biggest factor to affect our housing market will be affordability, according to Freddie Mac. Affordability is a combination of:
- Rising mortgage rates which erode a buyer’s purchasing power
- Rising home prices which results from buyer pressure due to low inventory
- Lack of wage growth to equal or surpass inflation rate
Basically, buyers are getting squeezed by rising home prices, rising mortgage rates and stagnant income. Freddie Mac expects 2019 to see a slight increase in the number of home sales and number of loan applications for purchase. But that’s based on sustained economic growth at its current pace. Everything will change if our economy starts to slow in 2019.
Click here to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 1805 N. Queens Lane Unit #2-144, Arlington, VA 22201 — $379,000
- 1220 N. Fillmore Street Unit #501, Arlington, VA 22201 — $779,500
- 1112 19th Street S., Arlington, VA 22202 — $849,900
- 2506 N. Harrison Street, Arlington, VA 22207 — $875,000
- 1881 N. Nash Street Unit #704, Arlington, VA 22209 — $999,900
- 6614 19th Road N., Arlington, VA 22205 — $1,349,900
- 4148 Round Hill Road, Arlington, VA 22207 — $1,395,000
- 2002 N. Kenmore Street, Arlington, VA 22207 — $1,399,999
A soggy weekend is on tap after an otherwise pretty nice final week of September. Obviously this week’s big story was the devastation in Florida, the huge scale of which…
Share your input on the Arlington Forestry and Natural Resources Plan by October 3.
A proposed bridge for bicyclists and pedestrians between Crystal City and the Southwest Waterfront area of D.C. has received $20 million in federal funding to move forward. When complete, the…
A 3 BD/2 BA condo with views of the Washington Monument and a freshly painted 4 BD/2 BA home is included in Home Hunt Highlights.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Join us as we explore Vini Franchetti & their two sister vineyards Passopisciaro (Sicily) and Vini Franchetti (Tuscany) for our Sicily/Tuscany Wine Dinner!
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 6pm
Special Guest: This wine dinner we will be hosting the wine maker