(Updated at 10 a.m.) Well folks, the warmer weather is now officially upon us. No more shall we have to shoulder our coats and mitten our hands — except for maybe this weekend when temperatures are expected to dip down into the low 30s after nightfall.
While this placates cold weather lovers like yours truly, I urge everyone to dress warm whether you’re spending your weekend watching, protesting or cheering on Saturday’s Amazon County Board vote, participating in the police’s anti-drunk driving event, or St. Patricks’ Day many anti-sober events.
When in doubt, I hear #weatherpupdates has the hard-hitting updates you need.
I do not know ZhaZha's age. ZhaZha had no time to answer my questions it's 70 degrees out and she has places to *be*
— Airey (@howisthatlegal) March 15, 2019
In other news, our dearly departed Alex Koma is now officially with the Washington Business Journal. But Koma’s spirit lives on in a 3,200-word-blockbuster investigation into the county’s bitter battle over golf course taxes — just in time for National Sunshine Week which celebrates public information laws.
Other must-reads from this week include:
- Virginia Hospital Center Prepares to Close Glencarlyn Childcare Center, Leaving Parents ‘Panicking’
- Two New Restaurants Open in Ballston Quarter’s Food Court, With Others Nearly Ready for Diners
- Clarendon Restaurant Le Kon Closed, With Plans to Reopen as ‘La Finca’
- Plans Drawn Up for New, Six-Story Senior Living Center Along Lee Highway
- Man Electrocuted During Fall at Columbia Pike Apartment Building
Let us know what you think of these and other local stories, and what your plans for the weekend are in the comments below. And a big thank you to all our readers who welcomed me to Arlington this week!