Welcome to New Homes, a biweekly column highlighting the new construction real estate market, written by Conor Sullivan and Dave Moya of Three Stones Residential at Keller Williams Realty. We are here to share our experience and expertise in lot acquisition, financing and construction of custom homes.
First, we need to understand who the top builders and influencers are that are reshaping our communities…
Deciding to build your own custom home does not need to be scary, nor does it have to be stressful. However, it does mean you will have to make a ton of decisions from insulation type to lighting fixtures, door trim, and dozens of other areas. That is why finding the 3 “R” are critical to success and happiness when building a new home.
Right Builder, Right Time, Right Lot.
Here are five reasons to build, not buy, your next home:
- Get What You Want — When you build your own home, you are involved from the ground up, choosing the style, colors, size of your home, the number of bedrooms, etc. to create the home you have been dreaming of.
- Walk Into Equity — When you are able to find your own lot and hire a custom home builder with an average profit margin, you typically walk into immediate equity in the home once it’s completed.
- New Home Smell And Warranties — Nothing beats the feeling of driving a car nobody else but you have owned, with that new car smell. The same applies for a house: building a new home typically means less repairs and maintenance which can save both time and money.
- Green Features — Homes that are more than 10-15 years old did not always have features that took the environment into mind. When you build your own home, green features could be added easily, and with some builders come standard.
- Location, Location, Location — The most important term in real estate! When looking to build your own home, it is generally easier to find the location or neighborhood you want to live in, and build the home you want.
Without further ado, here are some current options for buying new homes in Arlington:
- 2711 N. George Mason Drive, Arlington — $1,425,000 — 4,807 sq. ft.
- 5420 9th Road N., Arlington — $1,425,000 — 4,860 sq. ft.
- 4339 26th Street N., Arlington — $1,674,900 — 4,607
- 705 N. Barton Street, Arlington — $1,795,000 — 3,650
- 801 N. Daniel Street, Arlington — $1,895,000 — 4,534
Three Stones Residential specializes in matching home owners with the right builder and lot location. If you have any questions about new homes or builders that you’d like us to highlight please email us at [email protected].