Welcome to New Homes, a biweekly column highlighting the new construction real estate market, written by Conor Sullivan and Dave Moya of Three Stones Residential at Keller Williams Realty. We are here to share our experience and expertise in lot acquisition, financing and construction of custom homes.
First, we need to understand who the top builders and influencers are that are reshaping our communities…
Deconstruction vs Demolition
What is the difference between Deconstruction and Demolition?
When a home is demolished the waste is simply torn down and then hauled away to a dump. Deconstruction is when a certified company takes apart the home carefully and attempts to reuse or recycle every part of the home possible.
What are the main benefits of Deconstruction vs Demolition?
- Reduce the environmental impact of the demolition process and reduce the carbon footprint of your new home
- Significant tax benefits in the legal write offs allowed by the federal and state governments
- Mentoring and on-site training by licensed general contractors for non-profit organizations for individuals seeking employment in the construction field who often don’t have access or intro level opportunities
How much of a tax benefit do I receive through the deconstruction process?
There are upfront costs associated with deconstruction that aren’t applicable in a simple demolition, however, the tax benefits can be upwards of $50,000 dollars for a 2000 sq. ft. home (based off of a 38-40% tax bracket).
While it may cost $25,000 to deconstruct, if you save $50,000 on your taxes your net is approximately $25,000 in savings overall. This doesn’t include the positive environmental and social benefits either!
If you have any questions about deconstruction and some local companies that work within this field please email us at [email protected].
Here are some new homes now on the market in Arlington:
- 2105 N. Emerson Street, Arlington — $1,200,000 — 3,588 sq. ft.
- 4024 20th Street N., Arlington — $1,995,000 — 5,782 sq. ft.
- 3207 N. Trinidad Street, Arlington — $2,098,000 — 7,250 q. ft.
- 5509 32nd Street N., Arlington — $2,199,000 — 6,228 sq. ft.
- 1403 N. Highland Street, Arlington — $2,449,000 — 5,165 sq. ft.
Want to learn more about financing a New Home build? McLean Mortgage (NMLS ID: 99665) can handle all of your construction financing needs. You can build your new home with as little as 5% down. Contact construction loan expert Troy Toureau (NMLS ID: 5618) at 301-440-4261 or AnyHomeLoans.com to learn more.
‘Coffee with a Cop’ Next Week — “Wednesday, October 5 is National Coffee with a Cop Day and the Arlington County Police Department’s Community Engagement Division is hosting two events…
A 3 BD/2 BA brick home with a one car garage, fireplace and covered patio is included in Just Reduced.
Groups of Arlington Public Schools students walked out today (Tuesday) to protest model policies the Commonwealth says local school boards should adopt regarding the treatment of transgender children. Released last…
Learn the advantages of new construction and more from the Keri Shull Team on October 4.
INF Care Virtual Concierge is a new and inviting option to remote assistance that leverages the best of what technology should encompass with quality interaction.
For the busy individual that needs a way to reduce stress and tackle caring for an older family member that lives alone.
For the maturing adult that just needs help with everyday tedious tasks, connectivity, and access to data on their everyday habits to pinpoint areas that need more attention.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying