Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Arlington’s real estate market is starting to show the expected signs of a summer slow down, but many buyers didn’t get the memo and kept up the pace this week.
They ratified 63 contracts compared to typically 50-55 sales a week in the summer. By contrast sellers only added another 42 fresh listings to the inventory. Some 20 of those got snatched up in less than seven days, mostly in price points under $750,000.
This has caused the total inventory to shrink to just 250 homes actively for sale. At this week’s pace of sales, all inventory would be sold in just 1 month which is considered very low. Any sellers on the fence about when to put their home on the market should consider listing now.
Mortgage rates continue to hold to near three year lows with this week’s rates at 3.88% for a 30-yr fixed rate with no points.
The summer’s afternoon thunderstorms are causing falling trees or branches to become an issue for many homeowners. The big question we hear: Who is responsible for maintenance, and damages caused?
In Arlington, you have the right to trim any trees or branches that come across your property line. You can trim up to the property line, but not beyond. Any property damage caused should be covered by the hazard insurance of the damaged party regardless of the origin of the tree. There can be exceptions if a property owner serves notice to a neighbor about a risky tree. In such a situation, you are advised to get advice from legal counsel.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 2700 13th Road S. #384, Arlington, VA 22204 — $310,000
- 1021 N. Garfield Street #434, Arlington, VA 22201 — $535,000
- 1527 13th Road S., Arlington, VA 22204 — $650,000
- 2033 N. Cleveland Street, Arlington, VA 22201 — $689,000
- 888 N. Quincy Street #312, Arlington, VA 22203 — $769,000
- 3114 2nd Street S., Arlington, VA 22204 — $810,000
- 5105 26th Street N., Arlington, VA 22207 — $975,000
- 1408 N. Abingdon Street, Arlington, VA 22207 — $1,398,000