Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
This week has been one of the most quiet weeks of the year for real estate activity in Arlington.
The summer doldrums finally kicked in. Sellers did their part listing 43 properties, but buyers ratified only 31 contracts. They must still be at the beach.
There’s only 10 more days before the fall market begins right after Labor Day. That will usher in lots of fresh new inventory, but also many more buyers so we will likely start to see competitive bidding again.
Interest rates dropped another 1/8th% to 3.5% this week, the lowest rates since 2011. So buyers have a window of opportunity over the next 10 days to ratify and lock in a great rate before the buyer frenzy starts and they lose their negotiating power.
With these low interest rates, you may consider refinancing your existing loan. If you can lower your rate by 5/8th% or more, it’s definitely worth talking to a reputable lender who can help you analyze your cost/benefit and breakeven point.
A home safety travel trip: If you’re going to be gone more than four days for vacation, turn off your water main valve. Water appliances like refrigerators or dishwashers seem to always time their failures when the owner is away. The owner returns to a watery mess costing thousands in repairs and hours of hassle.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 4775 21st Road N., Arlington, VA 22207 — $574,900
- 1050 N. Stuart Street #819, Arlington, VA 22201 — $599,000
- 215 N. Park Drive, Arlington, VA 22203 — $750,000
- 709 N. Jefferson Street, Arlington, VA 22205 — $899,000
- 4838 1st Street S., Arlington, VA 22204 — $984,999
- 6224 22nd Street N., Arlington, VA 22205 — $1,149,900
- 4715 N. Little Falls Road, Arlington, VA 22207 — $1,450,000
- 214 S. Jackson Street, Arlington, VA 22204 — $1,550,000