Each week, “Just Reduced” spotlights properties in Arlington County whose price have been cut over the previous week. The market summary is crafted by licensed broker Aaron Seekford of Arlington Realty, Inc. GET MORE out of your real estate investment with Aaron and his team by visiting www.arlingtonrealtyinc.com or calling 703-836-6116 today!
Please note: While Aaron Seekford provides this information for the community, he may not be the listing agent of these homes.
If you thought things were competitive before, welcome to 2019.
The Arlington County real estate market (and surrounding areas, too) has traditionally been anchored by low unemployment, comparatively high salaries and a stable housing market. Now with the arrival of Amazon’s HQ2, among other heavy-hitters, Arlington is now considered the second most competitive housing market in the U.S. Our neighbor, Alexandria, comes in at No. 1.
A report released by Redfin in August showed that an average of 45.9 percent of homes in Arlington are selling above asking price; 57.1 percent of listed homes are under contract within two weeks; and inventory has decreased 50.5 percent year-over-year.
So, now more than ever, it’s important to understand the local housing landscape and have a trusted team advocating on your behalf. When you’re ready to embark on your real estate journey, our team is here to help you GET MORE out of your transaction.
As of September 2, there are 129 detached homes, 20 townhouses and 94 condos for sale throughout Arlington County. In total, 18 homes experienced a price reduction in the past week:
- 4105 N. Randolph Court, 22207 — NOW: $1,899,000 (Reduced: $51,000 on 8/29)
- 1117 S. Monroe Street, 22204 — NOW: $1,050,000 (Reduced: $48,000 on 8/28)
- 419 N. Upton Court, 22203 — NOW: $999,000 (Reduced: $26,000 on 8/26)
- 3827 N. Abingdon Street, 22207 — NOW: $950,000 (Reduced: $48,000 on 8/29)
- 4838 1st Street S., 22204 — NOW: $942,000 (Reduced: $42,999 on 8/28)
- 2702 N. Lee Highway #3B, 22201 — NOW: $769,000 (Reduced: $10,000 on 8/28)
- 6924 Fairfax Drive #304, 22213 — NOW: $474,900 (Reduced: $25,000 on 8/29)
Please note that this is solely a selection of Just Reduced properties available in Arlington County. For a complete list of properties within your target budget and specifications, contact Aaron Seekford.