Welcome to New Homes, a biweekly column highlighting the new construction real estate market, written by Conor Sullivan and Dave Moya of Three Stones Residential at Keller Williams Realty. We are here to share our experience and expertise in lot acquisition, financing and construction of custom homes.
Quick Ways To Make Your Home “Smart”
New construction homes are popping up everywhere in Arlington County.
These homes are beautiful and updated with all the bells and whistles of “smart-home” technology, but may not be the perfect fit for everyone. To help your home compete against the new construction in the marketplace, there are a few simple upgrades to make your home smarter, safer and more efficient.
- Ring Doorbell: This motion activated video doorbell system allows you to view your front doorstep while you are away, or even speak to visitors remotely, all through the app. Keep an eye on packages that have been delivered, or who comes to your front doorstep while you’re not home.
- Smart Light Bulbs: These Wi-Fi enabled LED light bulbs allow you to access the lighting in your home from anywhere using an electronic device or smart speakers. Forgot to turn that kitchen light off before leaving? No problem — turn it off from your phone!
- Smart Speakers: Smart devices like Google Home or Amazon Echo can sync to your smart electronics via Wi-Fi letting you control them with your voice. Turn off your lights or the heat up hands free!
- Nest Thermostat: Installing this sleek new thermostat in your home is not only visually appealing, it’s convenient! Control the thermostat remotely from your smartphone using all the Nest technology features. The device will eventually learn the climate of your home and automatically adjust the temperature when conditions change.
- TP-Link Smart Plug: If your appliances don’t have Wi-Fi, you can use this adapter to easily control them from an app. Turn on your coffee maker before you even get out of bed!
Having these tech-savvy upgrades will not only bring your home to the 21st century and boost it’s value, it will give you peace of mind knowing you have security in place for when you’re out of town.
It could also help save money, if you forgot to turn off your lights or turn down the heat, it is now just an easy click away from your smartphone. If you have any questions about these upgrades or your home’s market value, please contact us at [email protected] or 571-429-7670.
Below is a list of new homes currently on the market in Arlington.
- 1015 21st Street S., Arlington — $1,789,000 — 5,700 sq. ft.
- 2500 2nd Road N., Arlington — $1,300,000 — 3,240 sq. ft.
- 2320 N. Vernon Street, Arlington — $1,799,000 — 4,282 sq. ft.
- 6204 26th Road N., Arlington — $1,489,570 — 3,374 sq. ft.
- 5612 5th Street N., Arlington — $1,499,900 — 3,800 sq. ft.
Want to learn more about financing a New Home build? McLean Mortgage (NMLS ID: 99665) can handle all of your construction financing needs. You can build your new home with as little as 5% down. Contact construction loan expert Troy Toureau (NMLS ID: 5618) at 301-440-4261 or AnyHomeLoans.com to learn more.
Tour the secluded and quiet Bellevue Forest with its local parks, trails, forested areas and more in Neighborhood Spotlight.
In loving memory of William Dinwiddie Tucker, who passed away in 2023 at the age of 95.
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 6626 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
Meeting for lunch? Starting Monday, January 30 and running until Friday, February 3, Copperwood Tavern, The Pinemoor, and Brass Rabbit Pub will be offering buy one, get one free soups, salads, sandwiches, and…
St. Charles offers a play-based curriculum in a welcoming, Christ-centered environment.
Our program focuses on socio-emotional development and kindergarten readiness through hands-on and engaging activities. Our programs offer different schedules ranging from 7:30 am-5:30 pm for students, ages 2-5. We feature a full-day Jr. kindergarten class for older 4’s/5’s. Our facility includes a full-sized gymnasium, school chapel, and library. All of our students enjoy music and physical education weekly. Children have an opportunity to participate in enrichment classes such as soccer, basketball, ballet, and science.
We offer Summer Camp with weekly themes and twice a week water play, including Fun Friday moon bounce. Please join us for our Open House Feb. 3 at 9:30 am and 11:00 am. Click here to sign-up.
For more information or to schedule a tour, visit us at www.stcharlesarlington.org or call (703) 527-0608.
If you are a lifelong learner over 50+ who wants to make new friends, power up your brain, and enjoy a wide-variety college-level courses, Encore Learning is for you. An Arlington based nonprofit, Encore Learning offers courses in the arts, theater, literature, history, technology and more. This semester we offer our most popular course, Global Hot Spots as well as 25 new courses. Courses are presented either online or in-person at George Mason University at Virginia Square and other Arlington locations.
Join the free presentation to learn about courses and meet the instructors. This is Encore Learning’s signature event to highlight the upcoming semester with brief presentations by each instructor.
The Spring Course Preview event is Thursday, February 2nd at 9:30 AM via Zoom:
The truth, your first pregnancy and new mom months are full of twists and turns, ups and downs, and lots of questions! None of us really know the best way to do it – we just figure it out, together…