Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Generally, our fall market runs strong right up to Thanksgiving and then slows until the first week of January.
It’s unusual for the market to get stronger as it approaches Thanksgiving, although last year the market paid no attention to the holidays. It stayed strong right through to Christmas. It’s looking like this fall might be a repeat.
Perhaps buyers got spooked by rising interest rates this week and decided to ratify on something so they could lock in their rate before it increases further. Early this week rates jumped to 3.875%-4% for a 30-yr fixed rate mortgage, the highest mark in the last three months.
While home buying sentiment runs strong in Arlington, nationally it has waned in the last two months. A new report from Fannie Mae indicates that while still strong, their “home purchase sentiment index” (HPSI) dropped last month by 2.7%. That’s not a big deal, except that its the second month in a row that it’s dropped. There was a 7% decrease in Americans saying it is a good time to buy.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 1020 N. Highland Street Unit 421, Arlington, VA 22201 — $469,500
- 4818 28th Street S., Arlington, VA 22206 — $499,900
- 101 N. Granada Street, Arlington, VA 22203 — $775,000
- 3423 7th Street S., Arlington, VA 22204 — $825,000
- 2131 N. Nottingham Street, Arlington, VA 22205 — $874,900
- 3635 N. Vacation Lane, Arlington, VA 22207 — $924,900
- 3208 2nd Road N., Arlington, VA 22201 — $1,165,000
- 1733 22nd Court N., Arlington, VA 22209 — $1,399,900