The end of a holiday-shortened week is here.
For those in the office and working this week, we salute you. For those who left town, we hope you have a relatively painless return journey amid the holiday travel rush.
The news never sleeps, but it did perhaps rest its eyes a bit this week. Nonetheless, here are the most-read stories of the week:
- Where to Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Arlington
- Morning Notes (Friday)
- Man Rescued from Creek After Flipping Car
- ACPD Makes Arrest in Christmas Day Mall Robbery
- Columbia Pike Utility Work Prompting Lane Closures
- Long-Time APS Educator Running For Seat on School Board
- Morning Notes (Tuesday)
- Neighborhood Spotlight: Best Spots To Eat In Clarendon
- Some Changes in the Works at ARLnow
ARLnow will be back with another week of local news coverage starting Monday, with a break for New Year’s Day.
Feel free to discuss the above stories or any other topics of local interest in the comments. Have a great weekend!
The Right Note is a biweekly opinion column. The views expressed are solely the author’s. The annual closeout process, or second round of spending, is upon us again. Tonight, the…
The Arlies are back this week with not one, but two new categories. First, the results from last week’s voting. Your favorite street for trick-or-treating is N. Jackson Street in…
(Updated at 1:30 p.m.) Firefighters from Arlington and neighboring jurisdictions battled a house fire near Shirlington. Fire companies were initially dispatched to the Windgate townhouse development on the 2500 block…
The latest Ask Eli discusses master insurance and individual insurance policies, and the common gaps between the two.