(Updated at 10:20 p.m.) Arlington Public Schools will open on a two hour delay Wednesday, following today’s snowfall.
Officials hope the delay will allow slick spots on roads and sidewalks, from an expected refreeze overnight, to start to melt.
APS announced the delay at 8:45 p.m. Tuesday night, noting that morning field trips will be cancelled.
All APS schools and offices will open two hours late on 1/8. The Extended Day program will also open two hours late and morning field trips are canceled. pic.twitter.com/i3LmtxwbNO
— Arlington Public Schools (@APSVirginia) January 8, 2020
Arlington officials and forecasters are continuing to warn that temperatures will likely dip below freezing overnight, producing black ice and making driving dangerous.
Snow has ended, but hazards have not. Patchy fog and icy spots will remain a risk through early Wednesday morning, mainly in locations where snow fell, so overnight motorists should continue to use caution.
— NWS DC/Baltimore (@NWS_BaltWash) January 8, 2020
Snow crews “will be on standby” to treat any problem spots, Arlington’s Dept. of Environmental Services said.
Update: Crews will be on standby early tomorrow morning to treat any trouble spots. Watch out for slick spots, particularly on ramps, bridges and hills. #ARLwx https://t.co/J0yJcIm7oC pic.twitter.com/qTANIbwVDL
— Arlington Department of Environmental Services (@ArlingtonDES) January 8, 2020
The National Weather Service says it will be breezy and cold Wednesday, with wind gusts up to 35-45 mph.
Also tonight, Arlington’s Dept. of Parks and Recreation announced changes with its programs Wednesday.
Arlington Public Schools have announced a two hour delay Wed., Jan. 8 so DPR will proceed as follows per the DPR Inclement Weather Policy:
- All congregate meal programs will begin at 10 a.m.
- All Early Childhood Programs (Preschool and Co-op) will begin at 10 a.m.
- All Enjoy Arlington classes (except for Gymnastics), 55+ classes and trips, nature center programs, sports activities, leagues and instructional programs in County and joint use facilities scheduled to start prior to 9:59 a.m. are cancelled.
- All Enjoy Arlington classes (except for Gymnastic), 55+ classes and trips, nature center programs, sports activities, leagues and instructional programs in County and joint use facilities scheduled to start at 10 a.m. or later will proceed as scheduled.
- Gymnastic Classes scheduled to start prior to 11:59 a.m. are cancelled.
- Gymnastic Classes scheduled to start at noon or later will proceed as scheduled.
- All community centers (including the five joint use centers located at Carver, Drew, Gunston, Langston and TJ) will open as scheduled.
A man who was charged with a hate crime after allegedly shoving a restaurant employee in Crystal City and refusing to pay for his meal pled guilty to a lesser…
Many myths surround car maintenance and repair but CarCare To Go is here to debunk them and provide simplicity to car repair.
(Updated 6:00 p.m.) A new survey shows that a majority of Arlingtonians are satisfied with public transit, but their levels of satisfaction vary by geography. Mobility Lab, a division of…
The work of Latin American entrepreneurs and how their cultures have inspired them is highlighted during Hispanic Heritage Month.
INF Care Virtual Concierge is a new and inviting option to remote assistance that leverages the best of what technology should encompass with quality interaction.
For the busy individual that needs a way to reduce stress and tackle caring for an older family member that lives alone.
For the maturing adult that just needs help with everyday tedious tasks, connectivity, and access to data on their everyday habits to pinpoint areas that need more attention.
Looking for a more convenient way to work out?
On the Go Fitness Pro offers in home personal training. We bring the gym to you, so you can save time and skip the hassle of going to the gym. Plus, our trainers are certified and experienced, so you can be sure you’re getting the best possible workout.
We provide all the equipment needed for a great workout or we can use the equipment that you have.
Schedule a free consultation today and see how we can help you achieve your fitness goals.
Mini Family & Pet Photo Sessions
Beat the rush and sign up to get your holiday photos now!
Bring your kids! Bring your dogs!
Check out the DeSilva Studios website. Look at the images and see if you like them