Arlington Travel Baseball (ATB) is a 501(c)3 non-profit youth baseball organization that provides an opportunity for players ages 9-14U to acquire superior skills through higher levels of competition.
ATB is seeking head and assistant coaches who have a passion for the game and want to join a “winning” team. Ideally, we are in search of former college baseball players who want to teach the game they grew up playing.
Coaches will be compensated a competitive wage and required to pass a background check. Coaching experience is a plus but not required and training is available as needed. Coaches will report to the Director of Player Development, who will set team goals and assist with practice plans and specific skills development.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Manage the day to day field activities of the team. Teaching relevant skills, tactics and techniques
- Arrive on time and have a practice plan for each practice
- Lead the team at all regular season, playoff and tournament games
- Coach in a positive manner (Coaches will have coach of conduct form)
- Communicate with Team General Manager with administrative needs of team
- Prepare the players for the physical and mental challenges of competitive baseball
- Identify player strengths and weaknesses and provide progress reports at end of summer season
- Attend annual tryouts in July
If you’re interested or know someone who might be please contact us at [email protected] or call 703-801-6297.
The past, present, and future of Columbia Pike is rather easy to see.
For those venturing back to the mall for the first time in awhile, the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City might look a little different than you remember, thanks to some recent…
A renovated 4 BD/4 BA North Arlington home with a flexible and open floor plan and a private backyard lands in this weekend’s Open Houses.
The number of sworn police officers on the streets in Arlington has dipped below 300 amid retirements and officers leaving for more lucrative positions, including at Amazon’s HQ2. Multiple sources within…