The pandemic has brought tough times for many local business owners. In some cases, it’s driving them to try to sell their businesses.
The website BizBuySell aggregates many business sale listings. In nearly every case, the name of the business and its exact location is omitted.
Reasons for selling, when provided, typically do not mention economic hardship, but more often involve the owner retiring or not having time to actively manage the business.
Here are some that are currently listed in Arlington:
- Established Retail Consignment Store — “Womens, gift and home consignment store for sale. This is a terrific time to transition into being your own boss! This is a successful, fully functioning consignment business ready for it’s next owner. The location is on a VERY BUSY street in an affluent neighborhood & has been operating as a consignment store for over 50+ years. “
- Massage/Skincare Business — “Average well over $250k NET profit per year! Business is fully staffed along with a management team with three years tenure. Average staff tenure is 4-7 years.”
- Pizza Restaurant & Bar — “Restaurant in a prime location of Arlington VA established in 2012. Semi absentee owned working around 20 hours per week. This restaurant will fit any concept. Excellent location for Italian concept. This restaurant has 2 full service bars and a total of 104 seats.”
- Italian Customer Favorite — “This family-owned restaurant has been in business for over 40 years in the center of Arlington. Restaurant has been totally renovated and maintained. Dedicated chef and staff that will remain with new owner, if desired. Equipment has been maintained and is in excellent working order. Seating for approximately 60+, including bar area. Great location in Arlington, VA, with on-site dedicated parking in the back.”
- Dry Cleaners for Sale, 1 plant, 1 pick up store — “Prime locations. Well established profitable business. Each 1600sf stores. 1-plant, 1 pick up store. Loyal customers. Owned since 1997 ( 23 years) Reasonable rent. High growth potential in booming market. Pick up store location only using about 60% of space.( could sublease other 40% to tuxedo rental for example ) Right cross street brand new apartment complex going to deliver soon.”
- Nail, Hair Salon and Spa — “Well established Spa serving a well-to-do community for 20 years. Grocery anchored shopping center. 11 massage rooms (2 for couples), 9 has water. 3 toilets, 3 showers, 1 sauna, 1 dry spa. Large spa but rent is very reasonable. Membership program, gift card sale available. Most staff will stay.”
- Fast Casual Restaurant in Prime Location — “High quality Asian street food concept in a prime location of Arlington VA. Starting a restaurant from scratch can cost you a ton of money and time. This beautifully built out restaurant can be yours at a very low cost. Fully equipped with high end equipment, furniture and fixtures. The current owner is ABSENTEE but does not have the time to watch over the restaurant anymore. With current annual sales averaging around $860,000.”
- Dry Cleaning Pickup Store — “This is a dry cleaning / alterations and tailoring landmark location, in the heart of Amazon Territory. In operation for over 30 years, the clientele is loyal, the rent is right and the price even better. The owner is retiring, but will stay on to help if needed.”
- Nice Ice Cream business in a high income area — “Unique and Very well established Ice Cream business in a very nice area surrounded by businesses and residentials. VERY high-income area with limited dessert choice. Seller’s initial investment was more than $350K about 1.5 years ago. High End Establishment. Great Reputation. Seller is looking for a experienced and passionate buyer who can utilize this business and location to make a very profitable business.
Currently, this is a franchise business, but a buyer can keep this or put his/her own concept.”
- Coffee Shop in North Arlington — “Established Franchise coffee shop with kitchen located under a hi-rise residence building across the street from a government building and next to well known university in north Arlington. There is an indoor and outdoor seating, High quality relaxing atmosphere to enjoy coffee, paninis and pastries etc.”
- Fast Food in Popular Mall Food Court — “Low rent fast food restaurant in Arlington VA. This restaurant is located in a food court of a popular mall. This small restaurant serves sandwiches, Italian dishes and desserts. All furniture, fixtures and equipment are included with the sale of the business. The current owner has decided to start selling off some of his restaurants and semi retire to spend more time with family.”
- Japanese Restaurant — “Fast casual Japanese restaurant for sale in Arlington VA. This restaurant currently serves Japanese food and sushi but can be converted to fit most menus/concepts. Located in a shopping center on a very busy road. The current owner is ready to retire.”
- Trendy Clothing Boutique — “Trendy and well known and loved women’s clothing boutique. Fully stocked and and clientele of 800+”
- Thai or Other Concept Restaurant — “Well-established business (16 years) in top-rated food , excellent location in northern Arlington. can change concept if you wish to. Excellent location on a high traffic road, with favorable lease. Strong base of repeat customers, and experienced staff. Everything is already established for web presence, advertising, social media, and local and business marketing.”
- Successful, Well-Established Turn-Key Hair Salon with Nail & Wax Spa — “No expense spared in the Contemporary build out – hair salon recently built out approx. 4 years ago, and the nail / wax spa was just built out last year. Very Modern Design with an excellent layout. The hair salon is built out with a Reception area, 4 stylists stations, Shampoo station, Kitchenette and Restroom. The Nail & Wax Spa on the upper level is built out with 4 Manicure stations, 2 Pedicure Stations, Manicure drying station, Wax / Massage Room, Restroom with shower. Prime North Arlington Location in the affluent, sought-after Cherrydale neighborhood.”
- Highly Profitable Used Car Dealership — “Highly Profitable and very prime location auto used car dealership in Arlington for sale. The only used car dealer located in about 5 miles radius. The revenue of this business is strong and steady over the last decades and has an exceptional reputation in the are. The business has been generating over $6 million in sales/revenue on average.”
- High income hotpot restaurant — “Hotpot restaurant is a very famous Asian food service, more and more people with different cultures starts to love in the food. The restaurant has more high tech factors to support the business, the customer use Ipad and robot to order the soup base and protein food on site, and other side dish and vegetables are delivered by a conveyer chain. The location is great for the customers who are working, living and traveling in Arlington metro area, so the owner never concerns about the vacant tables. It’s normal situation when customers come in the dinner time, they have to wait 2 hours for a seat.”
- High Volume Restaurant & Bar — “Situated in the heart of Arlington, this profitable bar/restaurant provides an incredible opportunity for a restaurant operator to acquire an excellent location complete with all the equipment and top of line furnishings needed for a turn key operation. This restaurant comes with high quality and custom-built furnishings as well as a long-term lease with excellent options for this highly sought after and growing area. This restaurant has a total of 425 seats and over 50 hd tvs.”
- Fitness Spin Cycle Center with Two Locations — “Established 7 years this Cycle Fitness Center has 2 locations in the most desirable cities in the US. One location in NYC NY & the second location in Washington DC. Absentee owned & Fully Staffed with management for all the day to day operations. Their certified instructors are all Independent 1099 contractors. Each location has approximately 50 cycles and offer 4-9 classes per day. This cycle fitness center is performance-based & results-driven with optimal speed & resistance combinations available.”
- RESTAURANT & BAR Full Kitchen — “Currently open as a Restaurant and Bar. Huge potential for motivated and experienced parties to take over and convert to a Sports bar, Vietnamese, Chinese,Japanese, Italian restaurant, Hookah bar, or Bakery. Located in very busy corner location with a lot of foot traffic.”
See more Arlington listings here.