Sponsored by Monday Properties and written by ARLnow, StartupMonday is a weekly column that profiles Arlington-based startups and their founders, plus other local technology happenings. Monday Properties is proudly featuring Shirlington Gateway. Say hello to the new 2800 Shirlington, which recently delivered a brand-new lobby and upgraded fitness center. Experience a prime location and enjoy being steps from Shirlington Village, a large retail hub with a variety of unique restaurants and shopping options. Spec suites with bright open plans and modern finishes are under construction and will deliver soon!
In all, 204 Northern Virginia companies made the list. According to Inc., these companies saw a median 3-year growth of 162%, generated $12 billion in total revenue and added 16,118 jobs.
“Our experts leverage the harvesting and combination of a variety of datasets,” the company says on its website, “to include emerging open and dark web data with foundational geospatial data to provide true value added Intelligence and GIS data resources used for deeper analysis.”
Other Arlington companies on the list include transportation and defense contractor Objective Area Solutions, biometric identification company Secure Planet Inc., medical data and records contractor Capitol Bridge.
“We are a growing, Arlington-based company that exclusively focuses on public sector aviation programs and we have developed a reputation for being able to quickly respond to our client’s dynamic environment,” said J.J. Stakem, CEO of Objective Area Solutions. “The complexity of these aviation programs in areas such as drones, cybersecurity, environmental programs, surveillance, and many other areas requires consulting companies to have a highly specialized understanding of the technical, organizational, operational, and policy considerations. OAS uniquely fills that need for our clients.”
Stakem said the company has worked to support the Department of Defense, the Federal Aviation Administration, and NASA.
“Moving forward we will be continuing our work to provide holistic support to public sector aviation programs,” Stakem said. “Over the next 12 months we are focused on growing our engineering support capabilities as a component of our overall solution and we are also expanding our client base to include a wider range of aviation clients within the US Government as well as state, local, and international public sector aviation domain.”
Courthouse startup DivvyCloud also made the list at number 471 with 970% growth. The company said in a press release that its recent acquisition by cybersecurity company Rapid7 meant it was the last year the company would be eligible for the list.
“My co-founder, Chris DeRamus, and I are honored to be included on this prestigious list and ranked among the most innovative and forward thinking companies shaping our nation today,” said Brian Johnson, co-founder and senior vice president of DivvyCloud. “This announcement further validates that we are fulfilling our mission to help enterprises accelerate innovation without loss of control.”
The following list includes the Arlington companies, their ranking on the Inc. list, and their 3-year growth rate.
- 333. Royce Geospatial Consultants (1,370% growth)
- 358. Objective Area Solutions (1,259% growth)
- 381. Secure Planet Inc. (1,201% growth)
- 428. Capitol Bridge (1,070% growth)
- 471. DivvyCloud (970% growth)
- 1,065. Blake Willson Group (436% growth)
- 1,160. PhoenixTeam (389% growth)
- 1,328. VerticalApps (336% growth)
- 1,445. Metis Solutions (306% growth)
- 1,678. Sehlke Consulting (256% growth)
- 1,747. Advanced Concepts and Technologies International, ACT I (245% growth)
- 1,771. Science and Medicine Group (241% growth)
- 1,957.C3 Integrated Solutions (215% growth)
- 2,057. ITC Defense Corp. (206% growth)
- 2,067. Thomas Solutions (205% growth)
- 2,148. ThreatConnect (196% growth)
- 2,191. OpenWater (192% growth)
- 2,284. STEMBoard (184% growth)
- 2,519. SweatWorks (164% growth)
- 2,574. Enterprise Knowledge (160% growth)
- 3,143. 540.co (122% growth)
- 3,215. Fonteva (119% growth)
- 3,528. Quantitative Scientific Solutions (105% growth)
- 3,643. Barone Consulting (101% growth)
- 3,671. Qmulos (100% growth)
- 3,757. Clarendon Partners (97% growth)
- 3,904. Firebird Analytical Solutions & Technologies (91% growth)
- 4,127. Fors Marsh Group (84% growth)
- 4,163. U.Group (82% growth)
- 4,727. Knucklepuck (63% growth)
- 4,736. M9 Solutions (62% growth)
Photo courtesy DivvyCloud. Vernon Miles contributed to this story.