The weekend is here and the first day of September is within sight.
If the idea of the calendar flipping to the most self-assured month of the year conjures up fears of summer ending imminently, don’t worry — you have another 3+ weeks to go. According to our admittedly unscientific poll from earlier this week, a slim plurality of ARLnow readers believe the Autumnal Equinox on Sept. 22 to be the true start of fall.
Now, here are the most-read Arlington articles of the week:
- Late September Opening Eyed for Ballston’s Mosaic Park
- ACPD Investigating Midday Carjacking in Crystal City
- Police Investigating Robbery by Knife-Wielding Suspects in Virginia Square
- Bob and Edith’s Opening Monday on Lee Highway
- Before Working in the White House, Kellyanne Conway Did Some Work for Arlington Public Schools
- Police to Start Enforcing Sidewalk Crowding Ordinance
- Crystal City Legal Sea Foods in Questionable Waters
- School Board Adopts First Ever APS Equity Policy
- Arlington to Open Five Early Voting Centers ‘In Anticipation of Unprecedented Demand’
Feel free to discuss those or anything else of local interest, or to just argue about politics as usual, in the comments.