With County Board meetings, budget news, and plenty of other things going on, it was a busy week in Arlington.
Expect more of the same next week, with County Board budget sessions instead.
Here are the ARLnow stories that received the most reads over the past five days:
- Va. Rolls Back Some Restrictions on Dining, Outdoor Gatherings
- Metro Asking Public To Weigh In On Cuts, Including Closing Several Arlington Stations
- Arlington Safeway Stores Are Offering Vaccine Appointments
- Queen Mother’s Fried Chicken is Thriving in Arlington
- Ask Eli: Condo Smoking Bill Passes in Virginia
- Work Underway on First Phase of Ballston Harris Teeter Development
- Virginia State Police Chased a Suspect Through Arlington Last Night
- Car Theft Suspect Apprehended After Chase, Crash
- Morning Poll: Which Pandemic Restaurant Closure Hits the Hardest?
- Arlington Man Sentenced to Nearly 13 Years in Prison for Trafficking Fentanyl
Feel free to discuss those articles, or anything else of local interest, in the comments. Have a great (albeit rainy) weekend!
Share your input on the Arlington Forestry and Natural Resources Plan by October 3.
A proposed bridge for bicyclists and pedestrians between Crystal City and the Southwest Waterfront area of D.C. has received $20 million in federal funding to move forward. When complete, the…
A 3 BD/2 BA condo with views of the Washington Monument and a freshly painted 4 BD/2 BA home is included in Home Hunt Highlights.
So you want to make wine? Walk through a day of winemaking in The Nose That Knows.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Join us as we explore Vini Franchetti & their two sister vineyards Passopisciaro (Sicily) and Vini Franchetti (Tuscany) for our Sicily/Tuscany Wine Dinner!
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 6pm
Special Guest: This wine dinner we will be hosting the wine maker