Grab a basket and brush up on your produce-scoping skills, it’s farmers market season once again.
A number of Arlington farmers markets have or will be opening for the season in the coming days, including:
- Crystal City on Tuesdays, from 3 p.m.-7 p.m. (starting tomorrow, April 6)
- Ballston on Thursdays, from 3 p.m.-7 p.m. (opened on April 1)
Several other farmers markets will be opening in the weeks to follow, including:
- Lubber Run on Saturdays starting April 17, from 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Fairlington on Sundays, starting May 2, from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Rosslyn on Wednesdays, starting May 5, from 3 p.m.-7 p.m.
Three Arlington farmer markets are open year-around, though with shifting hours depending on the season including:
- Westover’s Sunday winter hours of 9 a.m.-1 p.m. will remain until May 2, a market representative confirmed, when it shifts 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Courthouse’s Saturday farmers market shifts their hours to 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on April 17.
- The Columbia Pike market on Sundays is now in the parking lot of the Fillmore Shopping Center and keeps the hours of 8:30-11:30 a.m. year around.
The Courthouse farmers market is the oldest in Arlington, selling produce since 1979. All of the markets will have modified operations, including limited capacity, as a result of the pandemic.
In total, Arlington has eight farmer markets.
The Marymount University farmers market closed last year and is not currently operational, a county official confirms. It opened in 2016, billing itself as the only Arlington market north of Lee Highway.
Despite being encouraged to offer pre-ordering, markets are open for in-person shopping. This is a change from early last year, at the start of the pandemic, when markets were briefly shut down and then allowed to open for pre-ordered sales only.
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 14680 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today…
Police issued a traffic ticket every six minutes, on average, during an enforcement effort in front of Nottingham Elementary on Thursday afternoon.
Police swarmed the Rosslyn neighborhood after an alleged thief led an officer on a brief foot pursuit.
It’s holiday time and the lights are coming on in Arlington. Over the next several weeks, a slew of tree lightings, Santa visits, markets, and holiday celebrations are happening around…
Join us December 10 & 11 for our Annual Handmade Holiday Workshop Series. We have a myriad of fun and festive programs from linoleum block wrapping paper printing and buttonhole book making workshops led by Eliza Clifford to a meditative grid workshop and Calligraphy Card Making with Anjelika Deogirikar. Join these wonderful artists and get creative this holiday season!
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are:
Join us as we celebrate the holiday of Chanukah! Enjoy delicious Latkes, hot cocoa, donuts and more!
Clarendon Menorah Lighting and Community Celebration
Experience the festival of lights!!
*Lighting of a giant 9 foot Menorah