It’s a sunny, if a bit chilly end to the work week.
On a more somber note, today is also a day to remember those killed and wounded at Virginia Tech on this day in 2007.
It has been 14 years since 32 students and faculty were killed in a tragic shooting on the campus of Virginia Tech.
— Governor Ralph Northam (@GovernorVA) April 16, 2021
Below are the most-read stories of the past week.
- Pie Shop Says Ongoing County Construction Has Cost Them Lots of Dough
- Police: Man Tried to Strangle Woman in Attack Near Courthouse
- Arlington Public Schools Stays Course with Hybrid Instruction This Spring
- Liberty Tavern in Clarendon Vandalized
- Police: Woman Danced on Car, Exposed Herself in Crystal City (April 8)
- New Developer Takes Over Stalled Ballston Church Redevelopment Plan
- Arlington Pauses Use of J&J Vaccine After Federal Warning
- Punch Bowl Social to Reopen Next Week
- Coronavirus Cases Steady, Full Vaccination Rate Speeds Up
Feel free to discuss any of the above — or anything else of local interest — in a respectful and civil manner, in the comments. Have a relaxing weekend, Arlington.
Flickr pool photo by Kevin Wolf
As Arlington County continues collecting feedback on the preliminary concept plan to turn Langston Blvd into a “Green Main Street” over several decades, a few disagreements have emerged. Some say…
RSVP to learn about the Forestry and Natural Resources Plan during the virtual open house tomorrow at 7 p.m.
Within the first five minutes of Netflix’s new series Partner Track, Arlington native and Yorktown High School graduate Alexandra Turshen already has her “boss” moment by telling the new paralegal…
The Arlington Art Truck is back this fall starting October 1 with an exhibit focused on Arlington’s birds.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying