It’s a sunny, if a bit chilly end to the work week.
On a more somber note, today is also a day to remember those killed and wounded at Virginia Tech on this day in 2007.
It has been 14 years since 32 students and faculty were killed in a tragic shooting on the campus of Virginia Tech.
— Governor Ralph Northam (@GovernorVA) April 16, 2021
Below are the most-read stories of the past week.
- Pie Shop Says Ongoing County Construction Has Cost Them Lots of Dough
- Police: Man Tried to Strangle Woman in Attack Near Courthouse
- Arlington Public Schools Stays Course with Hybrid Instruction This Spring
- Liberty Tavern in Clarendon Vandalized
- Police: Woman Danced on Car, Exposed Herself in Crystal City (April 8)
- New Developer Takes Over Stalled Ballston Church Redevelopment Plan
- Arlington Pauses Use of J&J Vaccine After Federal Warning
- Punch Bowl Social to Reopen Next Week
- Coronavirus Cases Steady, Full Vaccination Rate Speeds Up
Feel free to discuss any of the above — or anything else of local interest — in a respectful and civil manner, in the comments. Have a relaxing weekend, Arlington.
Flickr pool photo by Kevin Wolf
Arlington and surrounding areas are now under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch. The watch is in effect until 9 p.m. Severe storms are possible late this afternoon into the evening, forecasters…
Arlington County Board member Libby Garvey is quarantining in Germany after testing positive for COVID-19 while on a trip. Garvey told ARLnow she’s doing relatively well, and feels mostly like…
A woman was seriously injured over the weekend after police say she was apparently pushed out of a moving vehicle. It happened early Sunday morning along Wilson Blvd at the…
A wild scene played out Friday night along a quiet, dead end street in North Arlington. Police say it started when a female resident brandished a gun at a person…