It only became official yesterday afternoon, but this is now a long federal holiday weekend.
We join the rest of the Arlington community in commemorating and reflecting on Juneteenth today and tomorrow.
Given the new holiday, we’re ending the day a bit early. Below are the most-read ARLnow articles of the week.
- Arlington’s Torri Huske Going to Tokyo After Setting Record at Olympic Trials
- Authorities Advise Removing Bird Feeders, Still Stumped By Reports of Sick and Dead Birds
- RCA Redevelopment in Rosslyn Gets Green Light
- Popular NYC Bakery Mah-Ze-Dahr Opening in Crystal City This Weekend
- Combo Sandwich and Flower Shop to Replace Buzz Bakery in Ballston
- Noise Complaints Drown Out Discussion of Forthcoming Cherrydale Farmers Market
- Progressive Voice: Spreading “Gentle” Density Across Arlington Benefits Everyone
- County Board Drills Into AHC About Serrano Apartments Conditions
- ACPD Reports More Thefts Involving Unlocked Vehicles
- County Board Approves $16 Million Loan for Affordable Apartment Building in Ballston
- Whitlow’s Is Closing Next Week and Throwing Itself a Going-Away Party
Feel free to discuss those or any other local topics in the comments. Have a nice weekend!
Seven years after the initial rollout of Arlington Public Schools’ digital learning initiative, and after a year of heavier use due to distance-learning, opinions on tech in schools remain divided….
It’s overcast and muggy right now, but it could be stormy later today in Arlington.
Amid a rise in coronavirus cases, community leaders and the Arlington County Public Health Division are continuing to find ways to target particular demographics for which more outreach is needed….
One of the most successful real estate agents in the area is hosting this free in-person seminar on Monday. Wine and cheese are included.