(Updated at 10:40 a.m.) In July, we highlighted a number of recently sold properties in Arlington, ranging from “budget buys” to homes that sold for well over asking price.
As a quick recap, more than 330 homes were recently sold in Arlington, according to Homesnap. On the flip side, 176 new listings hit the market in the past four weeks. In total, more than 654 homes are the market — 423 condos, 191 detached homes and 30 townhomes.
Now, let’s take a look at a few of the most expensive homes sold in July:
- 2724 N. Nelson Street — 6 BD/7.5+ BA single-family home — $3,395,000
- 1881 N. Nash Street #2001 — 3 BD/4.5 BA condo — $3,175,000
- 3534 N. Somerset Street — 6 BD/9 BA single-family home — $2,945,000
- 0 N. Emerson Street — 6 BD/6.5 BA single-family home — $2,900,000
- 2500 N. Lincoln Street — 5 BD/4.5 BA single-family home — $2,810,000
- 2101 N. Stafford Street — 6 BD/5 BA single-family home — $2,275,000
As pointed out by a reader, the Somerset Street property, in the Williamsburg neighborhood, was formerly owned by Washington Capitals star Nicklas Backstrom, who bought the house in 2010. It was featured in this video published by the Caps early last year, after Backstrom signed a new five-year, $46 million contract extension. The property was sold on July 13 to a local dentist.
Images via Google Maps
Learn more about the certificate and graduate programs at the Schar School during the Virtual Open House June 8.
Happy Memorial Day weekend, Arlington. We hope you’re able to get some rest and reflection in after this long week. Once we push past some rain this evening, it’s looking…
The Armed Forces Cycling Classic, a series of races around Clarendon and Crystal City, is set to take place the first weekend of June. The Cycling Classic will be held…
Looking for a furry best friend to follow you everywhere? Meet Finley, the newest Adoptable Pet of the Week.