(Updated at 10:40 a.m.) In July, we highlighted a number of recently sold properties in Arlington, ranging from “budget buys” to homes that sold for well over asking price.
As a quick recap, more than 330 homes were recently sold in Arlington, according to Homesnap. On the flip side, 176 new listings hit the market in the past four weeks. In total, more than 654 homes are the market — 423 condos, 191 detached homes and 30 townhomes.
Now, let’s take a look at a few of the most expensive homes sold in July:
- 2724 N. Nelson Street — 6 BD/7.5+ BA single-family home — $3,395,000
- 1881 N. Nash Street #2001 — 3 BD/4.5 BA condo — $3,175,000
- 3534 N. Somerset Street — 6 BD/9 BA single-family home — $2,945,000
- 0 N. Emerson Street — 6 BD/6.5 BA single-family home — $2,900,000
- 2500 N. Lincoln Street — 5 BD/4.5 BA single-family home — $2,810,000
- 2101 N. Stafford Street — 6 BD/5 BA single-family home — $2,275,000
As pointed out by a reader, the Somerset Street property, in the Williamsburg neighborhood, was formerly owned by Washington Capitals star Nicklas Backstrom, who bought the house in 2010. It was featured in this video published by the Caps early last year, after Backstrom signed a new five-year, $46 million contract extension. The property was sold on July 13 to a local dentist.
Images via Google Maps
Arlington police, sheriff’s deputies and firefighters paid tribute yesterday to Staff Sergeant Darin Taylor Hoover, a Marine from Utah who was among those killed in the Kabul airport bombing last month.
Storm Damage Closes Covid Testing Booth — From Arlington County: “The Curative testing kiosk at Virginia Highlands will be closed today and tomorrow (Sept. 20 & 21) as it repairs…
This post is exclusively for ARLnow Press Club members. Not a member? Join here. Members can sign in here.
A 2 BD/2 BA corner unit condo in Clarendon with 10-foot ceilings, fresh paint and new lighting is today’s Listing of the Day.