A half-decent weekend is on tap before another stretch of hot and humid weather next week.
We’re approaching the time of the year when it seems like everybody is on vacation. That will include some ARLnow staff next week — expect a reduced publishing schedule Thursday and Friday as a result.
In the meantime, here are the most-read articles of the past week on ARLnow:
- Police Officer Killed in Attack Outside Pentagon
- Residents Abuzz Over Mysterious Bug Bites Possibly Tied to Cicadas (July 28)
- Police Investigating Fight at Yorktown High School
- Arlington Is Seeing ‘Substantial’ Community Transmission of Virus, CDC Says
- Local Couple Killed in California Plane Crash (July 19)
- Torri Huske Given Hero’s Welcome Upon Return to Arlington
- Most Expensive Arlington Homes Sold in July
- Four Years Ago Today: One of the Weirdest Stories in Arlington History
- Uber Driver Who Struck Advanced Towing Owner Pleads Guilty
- Making Room: Speak Up Now to Expand Housing Opportunities in North Arlington
- Life Time Gym Coming to The Crossing Clarendon
- Recall Effort Targets Arlington’s Top Prosecutor
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend, Arlington.
After sunny, near-perfect weather during the work week, a cloudier and cooler weekend awaits. The local news cycle in Arlington has remained busy, shifting from stories around this month’s County…
The cement spheres of “Dark Star Park” in Rosslyn, the electric blue ribbon of “Dressed Up and Pinned” in Courthouse and the twin striped monoliths of “Echo” in the park…
(Updated 2:15 p.m.) Hundreds of students walked out of their classrooms this morning to take a stand against sexual assault and harassment in Arlington Public Schools. Walkouts were held from…
Included in this week’s Open Houses is a 5 BD/3 BA home with a finished dormer level, partially finished basement and hardwood floors.