As the four-day work week winds down for most, we’re going into the last weekend in February.
One of the top stories of the month is also hopping in this week’s most-read list for the second week in a row. The article on the bunny that infiltrated the Pentagon was the second most-read of February, only followed by the coverage of the lockdown at Yorktown High School.
The bunny news followed a rogue chicken scoping out the Pentagon entrance on the first day of February, another well-read story. We’ll have to see if March brings more animal news.
Now, here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week.
- Don’t worry about that low-flying helicopter near the Alexandria border, Arlington County says
- NEW: Arlington’s summer camp registration system melts down again, despite changes
- A bunny has apparently infiltrated the Pentagon (published Feb. 14)
- Historical Society to homeowners: please don’t tear down your old house
- Busy Crystal City intersection closed after water main break, possible sinkholes
- Arlington implementing new program to divert youth from criminal justice system
- W-L students give away books they say could be ‘banned’ under new bill
- Apartments proposed for vacant Wendy’s lot near finish line
- EXCLUSIVE: Pike redevelopment project displaces tenants, sparking community outcry
- A Ballston Mediterranean cafe is broken into for the second time in a year
Feel free to discuss these stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a great weekend, Arlington!
Update at 9:40 p.m. — All lanes have reopened, Arlington County says. Update at 6:40 p.m. — The southbound lanes have reopened but the northbound lanes are expected to remain…
Enjoy alpacas, farmers markets and more at the Loudoun County Spring Farm Tour May 21-22.
A local man raised nearly $2,000 holding a yard sale this past weekend to help children impacted by the war. Constantin a Ukrainian-American who lives in Arlington’s East Falls Church…
Cali is the newest Adoptable Pet of the Week who loves treats, watching Netflix and nose boops.