Arlington County is now under a Flood Watch, until 6 a.m. Thursday.
The watch was issued just after 11 p.m. Storms and periods of heavy rain are expected overnight, leading to the possibility of flooding in the area.
From the National Weather Service:
1104 PM EDT Wed Mar 23 2022
…FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EDT THURSDAY…
* WHAT…Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
* WHERE…Portions of DC, Maryland and northern Virginia, including the following areas: in DC, District of Columbia. In Maryland, Anne Arundel, Central and Southeast Howard, Central and Southeast Montgomery, Charles, Northern Baltimore, Northwest Howard, Prince Georges and Southern Baltimore. In northern Virginia, Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria, Eastern Loudoun, Fairfax, Prince William/Manassas/Manassas Park, Southern Fauquier and Stafford.
* WHEN…Until 6 AM EDT Thursday.
* IMPACTS…Flooding may occur in poor drainage and urban areas.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– Rainfall rates of 1-2 inches an hour overnight may result in localized flooding of roadways.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding develop.
More via social media:
A Flood Watch has been issued until 6 AM Thursday for the DC and Baltimore metro areas. As locally heavier showers work their way northeastward, rainfall rates of 1-2 inches per hour are possible. #MDwx #VAwx #DCwx pic.twitter.com/ydtlDE5BUh
— NWS Baltimore-Washington (@NWS_BaltWash) March 24, 2022
1130p: Thunderstorm with some heavy downpours has moved inside Beltway – passing through Arlington and Alexandria and will head into District, S Montgomery and northern Prince Geo counties next hour. pic.twitter.com/EqDjjc7SmM
— Capital Weather Gang (@capitalweather) March 24, 2022
Update at 9:40 p.m. — All lanes have reopened, Arlington County says. Update at 6:40 p.m. — The southbound lanes have reopened but the northbound lanes are expected to remain…
Enjoy alpacas, farmers markets and more at the Loudoun County Spring Farm Tour May 21-22.
A local man raised nearly $2,000 holding a yard sale this past weekend to help children impacted by the war. Constantin a Ukrainian-American who lives in Arlington’s East Falls Church…
Cali is the newest Adoptable Pet of the Week who loves treats, watching Netflix and nose boops.