Arlington and much of the D.C. area will be under a Flood Watch starting tonight.
Heavy rain and storms are expected tonight. The rain is expected to persist through Saturday afternoon, raising the possibility of flooding, including flash flooding caused by “excessive rainfall.”
The Flood Watch takes effect at 11 p.m.
From the National Weather Service:
URGENT – IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
1253 PM EDT FRI JUL 8 2022
…FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM EDT THIS EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON…
* WHAT…FLASH FLOODING CAUSED BY EXCESSIVE RAINFALL IS POSSIBLE.
* WHERE…WASHINGTON DC, MARYLAND AND NORTHERN VIRGINIA, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS: IN DC, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. IN MARYLAND, ANNE ARUNDEL, CARROLL, CENTRAL AND SOUTHEAST HOWARD, CENTRAL AND SOUTHEAST MONTGOMERY, FREDERICK MD, NORTHERN BALTIMORE, NORTHWEST HARFORD, NORTHWEST HOWARD, NORTHWEST MONTGOMERY, PRINCE GEORGES, SOUTHEAST HARFORD AND SOUTHERN BALTIMORE. IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA, ARLINGTON/FALLS CHURCH/ALEXANDRIA, EASTERN LOUDOUN, FAIRFAX, PRINCE WILLIAM/MANASSAS/MANASSAS PARK AND WESTERN LOUDOUN.
* WHEN…FROM 11 PM EDT THIS EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS…EXCESSIVE RUNOFF MAY RESULT IN FLOODING OF RIVERS, CREEKS, STREAMS, AND OTHER LOW-LYING AND FLOOD-PRONE LOCATIONS.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– SHOWERS ARE EXPECTED WITH SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS LATE THIS EVENING INTO MIDDAY SATURDAY. AVERAGE RAINFALL AMOUNTS AROUND 1 TO 3 INCHES ARE EXPECTED, BUT LOCALIZED AMOUNTS AROUND 4 TO 7 INCHES IN HEAVIER SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. RAINFALL AMOUNTS AROUND 1 TO 3 INCHES WITHIN AN HOUR OR TWO ARE POSSIBLE IN AREAS WHERE THE HEAVIEST RAINFALL OCCURS. THE BEST CHANCE FOR THE HEAVIEST RAINFALL WILL BE OVERNIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING.
After a relatively mild winter, cherry blossoms are expected to hit peak bloom in mid-to-late March. Today the National Park Service predicted 70% of the blossoms along the Tidal Basin…
Arlington’s Community Energy Plan Roadmap Progress It can be a challenge to know and understand a community’s far-ranging, multi-disciplinary and cross-sector progress in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and changing a…
The D.C. area has surpassed the Bay Area in AI-related job postings, according to a recent report. These new jobs are a clear sign of how the emerging technology is…
Introducing Anna Gallagher, Executive Director of the Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Statutes of Liberty takes a dive into America’s biggest immigration nonprofit.
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Don’t miss your chance to own a piece of this idyllic lifestyle. Schedule a tour of 7156 Main St today and experience the best of small-town living near a big city!
Spring will be here before you know it, and art classes are a terrific way to welcome the season. We have some fresh new classes such as hand-building vases and flower arranging. Also on our roster are crocheting, knitting, printmaking, stitching, and sewing. Of course, you can’t go wrong with the basics: watercolor painting, gouache, oil painting, ceramics (including the wheel), sculpture, collage, drawing, and more. Classes start the week of April 1 and range from 3 to 7 weeks.
If you haven’t discovered Art House 7, this is a great time to check us out! We offer classes, workshops, open studios, and Art Nights throughout the year, as well as summer camps. We recently expanded our studio, and you can buy art supplies next door. We’re near the Lee Harrison shopping center, and free parking is outside our door. Ages 2 to adult.
5537 Langston Blvd., Arlington VA 22207
Having worked with the likes of Gary Numan, DJ Neidermeyer lends authenticity a go-go. Enough to satisfy even the purists.
The Renegade boasts all of the virtues of Arlington’s premier music venues while providing bar bites that rival most restaurants