Arlington County, D.C. and its immediate neighbors are under a Flood Watch starting early Monday morning.
Heavy rain is expected overnight and during the morning commute. The soaking rainfall may cause isolated flooding.
More from the National Weather Service:
…FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM EDT TUESDAY THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON…
* WHAT…Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
* WHERE…Portions of DC, Maryland and northern Virginia, including the following areas: in DC, District of Columbia. In Maryland, Anne Arundel, Carroll, Cecil, Central and Southeast Howard, Central and Southeast Montgomery, Frederick MD, Northern Baltimore, Northwest Harford, Northwest Howard, Northwest Montgomery, Prince Georges, Southeast Harford and Southern Baltimore. In northern Virginia, Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria, Eastern Loudoun, Fairfax and Western Loudoun.
* WHEN…From 4 AM EDT Tuesday through Tuesday afternoon.
* IMPACTS…Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– An area of low pressure is expected to develop along a slow moving boundary draped across the region Tuesday morning through early Tuesday afternoon. Heavy showers and a few thunderstorms are expected to drop 2 to 3 inches across much of the watch area, with isolated higher amounts up to 5 inches possible in the heaviest cells.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.
More via social media:
9:40 pm: Plan ahead! Flood watch issued for much of DC area (dark green shading on map) starting at 4 a.m. Tuesday. A few inches of rain possible in a short period of time during the morning commute. See our detailed forecast: https://t.co/igRH3PBYrJ pic.twitter.com/I3k2pJuHxL
— Capital Weather Gang (@capitalweather) September 6, 2022
#NEW: A Flood Watch has been issued for the DC/Baltimore metro areas from 4AM-2PM Tuesday. 1-3 inches of rain is expected with up to 5 inches possible with heavier showers and storms. Turn around, don’t drown. #vawx #mdwx #dcwx pic.twitter.com/7YyhBRr14s
— Washingtonian Weather Geeks (@WashingtonianWx) September 6, 2022
Photo via National Weather Service/Twitter
After a foggy morning, Saturday night and Sunday morning might be even foggier. Dense fog has formed in Arlington and around the D.C. area, making driving increasingly hazardous as the…
Gunshots were fired near where a group of children were playing this afternoon in the Green Valley neighborhood. Multiple 911 callers reported the sound of gunshots shortly before 3:30 p.m….
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
There’s no official word on its website, but it looks like Bar Ivy in Clarendon may have closed permanently.
Children’s Weekday Program (CWP) is a non-profit preschool rooted in a play-based philosophy. We focus on developing a love of learning and exploration, cooperation, empathy, and independence.
Our caring and experienced educators create opportunities for children 16 months to 5 years old to play, learn, and grow in a nurturing environment of child-centered and developmentally appropriate experiences.
Initially established more than 50 years ago in South Arlington, CWP continues to be a lauded program in the Northern Virginia area. We are extremely proud to have been recognized as a Best Preschool in Northern Virginia Magazine for the last 4 years.
Located now in North Arlington at 2666 Military Road, CWP offers a part-time parents day out and preschool program with options to extend care both before and after school. We offer a supportive and inclusive school community for children and parents alike and welcome all families to join our school!
The Optimist Club of Arlington is holding its 77th annual Christmas tree sale!
This year, the tree sale will be held at the Knights of Columbus (5115 Little Falls Road). The lot opens for sales on November 24th. The Optimist Club is selling small and large trees ranging from tabletop size to 10 foot tall trees! Wreaths, garland, tree stands, and White House Christmas ornaments will also be for sale.
100% of all proceeds go towards helping Arlington County youth.
For more information, please visit the Arlington Optimists website at https://optimistclubofarlingtonva.org/.
Holiday Art Show featuring artists: Peter Fitzgerald, Claire Plante, Alanna Rivera, and Suzy Scollon. At the Barcroft Community House, 800 South Buchanan St., Arlington, VA. Dec. 8 from, 2 PM to 8 PM and Dec. 9 from 10 AM to
2023 Christmas Tree Sales Begin
Saturday, December 2
Get your holiday decorating off to the right start this year! We will be selling 150 Fraser firs, freshly cut and delivered from Sparta, North Carolina.