Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published 5 articles that were read a total of 11475 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today — Oct 28, 2022.
- BREAKING: Suspect arrested in week-long car vandalism spree
- Photos: Outrageous Halloween decorations on N. Jackson Street
- Morning Notes
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read Arlington articles of the week, below.
- Two dozen vehicles have windows smashed during overnight vandalism spree (53020 views)
- UPDATED: Police block off street near schools to arrest wanted suspect (11650 views)
- Major road closures planned as Marine Corps Marathon returns for first time since 2019 (8721 views)
- BREAKING: Dozens of vehicles damaged yet again as police search for serial window smasher (7421 views)
- JUST IN: Vehicle vandals strike again, damaging at least 10 more cars (7241 views)
- BREAKING: Suspect arrested in week-long car vandalism spree (6545 views)
- Compass Coffee’s first drive-thru location is now open on Langston Blvd (3607 views)
- Police: Multiple armed suspects stole teen’s bag in Pentagon City (2514 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 9:00 am: Clarendon Heritage Bazaar
- 10:00 am: Halloween brunch at Assembly
- 10:00 am: Arlington Treasure Hunt
- 10:30 am: Trick or Treat at The Village at Shirlington
- 12:00 pm: Bark Party: Halloween Costume Contest for Dogs and Dog-Lovers
- 7:30 pm: The Comedy Karaoke Trivia Funtime Show
- 9:00 pm: Thriller on Wilson
And here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 9:00 am: 2022 Fall Festival
- 11:00 am: Souls to the Polls
- 12:00 pm: City Ridge’s Fall Festival
- 4:00 pm: Halloween family bike ride
🌤 Saturday’s forecast
Clear throughout the day. High of 60 and low of 40. Sunrise at 7:34 am and sunset at 6:13 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
👂 Audio summary
Get caught up on all of our reporting today with this brief audio summary.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Arlington resident Hung Do has big hopes for a curiously shaped lot he owns in Green Valley. This month, he was on the brink of closing on a deal to…
Crime Up Last Month — “Arlington County police handled 1,450 criminal incidents in August, according to new figures, up from 1,392 a year ago and from 1,196 in 2021.” [Gazette…
An alleged shooting threat briefly sent students practicing on a school field indoors tonight.
Good Wednesday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
At Generation Hope, we’re dedicated to supporting teen parents in college as they work toward earning their degrees. We are in need of caring child care volunteers for upcoming events on Saturday, October 21st (in Washington, DC), and Saturday, November 4th (in Arlington, VA). Join our growing volunteer community and support us at an event this fall!
At all of our events, we provide free onsite child care for the children of the teen parents we serve, creating a nurturing environment for the kiddos while their parents learn valuable life skills and build community.
If you enjoy working with children and are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, please visit https://www.generationhope.org/volunteer to learn more.
Join us for Arlington’s biggest civil rights & social justice event of the year. The banquet is back in person at the Arlington Campus of George Mason University.
Our keynote speaker this year is Symone Sanders from MSNBC and former Chief of Staff for Vice-President Kamala Harris.
The Master of Ceremonies is Joshua Cole, former state delegate, NAACP President, and local pastor.
Tickets/seating are limited. Purchase your ticket today! Sponsorship opportunities available.
Join us at Church of the Covenant on Military Road every other Wednesday afternoon from 4:00-5:30pm beginning on October 18th for The Backyard: After-School Kids Club. Cost is free! The program will provide recreation, snacks, Bible stories, and other fun