Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 8607 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today — Mar 31, 2023.
- Arlington teachers blast decision to remove outdoor locks from staff bathrooms
- Morning Poll: Have you ever been treated as if you didn’t belong in your neighborhood?
- County tax rate hearing had two speakers and neither talked about the tax rate
- Morning Notes
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- NEW: Pervasive smell of smoke prompts numerous calls to ACFD (10870 views)
- Some 136 properties in Arlington are ineligible for Missing Middle changes. The county has bigger goals for them. (8271 views)
- Police investigating after man found dead in car (6723 views)
- BREAKING: Arlington police investigating homicide in Buckingham (5788 views)
- County Board candidate: Arlington should buy Key Bridge Marriott site (5667 views)
- New District Brewing is auctioning off equipment, but still hopeful about remaining in Arlington (4125 views)
- NEW: Taco Bamba to open this spring in Shirlington (4073 views)
- Arlington teachers blast decision to remove outdoor locks from staff bathrooms (4052 views)
- Our Mom Eugenia finally aiming to open in Shirlington on Thursday (3907 views)
- Pike pedestrian punched, robbed by gun-toting suspects (2920 views)
- Arlington ended 2022 with more assaults and thefts, according to new data (2796 views)
- Morning Poll: Do you agree with the ‘Missing Middle’ vote? (2575 views)
- Arlington Kabob is serving the community in more ways than one (2531 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 9:00 am: Pink in the Park
- 10:00 am: Easter Egg Hunt
- 1:00 pm: Threading History: Colonial Textiles
- 1:00 pm: Explore Archery!
- 7:00 pm: Art House 7 Art Night: Fun Printmaking! Linocut – Art prints, Notecards, & More
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 11:00 am: Makers Market First Sundays
☔ Saturday’s forecast
Passing showers. Breaks of sun late. Mild. High of 75 and low of 0. Sunrise at 6:53 am and sunset at 7:31 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Thought of the Day
Gratitude, though simple in expression, wields the power to change one’s perspective of life, transforming the ordinary into a magical experience.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
This past week saw 57 homes sold in Arlington. The least expensive condo, single-family home or townhouse sale over the past seven days was $169,000 while the most expensive was…
Arlington County has filed a response to the Missing Middle lawsuit against it. Ten residents are suing the county, arguing that the recently-passed zoning changes known as Missing Middle were approved illegally…
The westbound lanes of Columbia Pike are closed near Penrose Square due to a gas leak. It appears that a construction crew working in the roadway struck a gas line….
Arlington eighth-grader Charlotte Walsh will advance to the Scripps National Spelling Bee final after taking the semis by storm yesterday afternoon. Fifty-six spellers from across the country — ages 9…
Please join us on Saturday, June 3, from 2 to 4 pm for the Glencarlyn Home Tour in Arlington’s historic Glencarlyn neighborhood. Among the featured homes will be a sparkling new home by A&N Builders at 5604-4th St. South. The inviting front porch opens to a light-filled space featuring high ceiling, wood floors, gas fireplace, Pella windows, Shrock cabinets, Quartz countertop, and JennAir appliances. Doors from the family room open to a large covered porch with a few steps to the level, landscaped rear yard. Upstairs, there are four bedrooms, three bathrooms, laundry room, and linen storage. The big lower level has a rec room, gym space, and a fifth bedroom and bathroom plus even more storage. After leaving the home, stroll to the Ball-Sellers home, the oldest residence in Arlington, the community gardens at the library, Carlin Hall, and the 94 acre Glencarlyn Park. A lovely way to while away a late spring afternoon.
Is home ownership a goal of yours in 2023? Now is the time to make it happen! Grab a (virtual) drink with the area’s top Real Estate experts, learn all about the home buying process and on how you can get $1,500 towards your closing costs immediately!
Did you know the average Arlington renter will spend $150K in 5 years of renting? Stop paying down someone else’s mortgage! Join us for a Rent vs. Buy Happy Hour on Wednesday, June 7th at 6 p.m. via Zoom. If this time doesn’t work, we also are offering times convenient for your schedule!
A lot has happened in the local market since the beginning of the pandemic. Sip on your drink of choice and learn from Northern Virginia, Arlington and Washingtonian Magazines top producing agents! We will discuss the latest market updates, the home buying process and rent vs. buy cost savings. Please RSVP by clicking here.
Call/text Manavi at 703-869-6698 with any questions!
Homebuying 101: Steps to Getting Pre-Approved
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved.
Join ACFCU’s mortgage loan officers
4th of July Celebration & Fireworks
Treat yourself this Independence Day with a world-class, private 4th of July extravaganza at the Military Women’s Memorial – a premier National Capital Region site.
Great food, fun, and the best views of Washington DC’s spectacular fireworks display. Relax, enjoy,