Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 7585 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today — May 12, 2023.
- Pike office building could be torn down this summer and turned into parking lot
- Alexandria high school principal jumping ship to take Wakefield HS helm in Arlington
- Morning Notes
- New zoning proposal would allow podcasting studios in office buildings without additional permits
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Fmr. Capitals head coach’s Ballston home goes on market today (11898 views)
- Plans to build a bridge between Crystal City and DCA poised to take two steps forward (9292 views)
- Pair of races to close streets in Arlington this weekend (4101 views)
- ACPD nabs four teens who tried to run from traffic stop of stolen car (3951 views)
- County plans to buy dog-boarding facility in Green Valley for park expansion, boxing out brewery (3634 views)
- Don’t be surprised if you answer the phone and John Legend is on the other end, endorsing a local candidate (3105 views)
- Park next to Amazon HQ2 set to get a new farmers market (2999 views)
- Big Tony’s takes out Bronx Pizza, planning a debut in late summer (2786 views)
- Pike office building could be torn down this summer and turned into parking lot (2750 views)
- Alexandria high school principal jumping ship to take Wakefield HS helm in Arlington (2359 views)
- Most and least expensive townhouses sold in Arlington (Apr-May 2023) (2305 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 10:00 am: Arlington Democrats’ School Board Endorsement Vote
- 12:00 pm: Spring Fling At Columbia Gardens
- 4:00 pm: The Bradshaw/Parker Piano Duo – ¡España!
- 7:30 pm: The Comedy Karaoke Trivia Funtime Show with Jon Yeager
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 2:00 pm: Tabletop Gaming Afternoon
🌥 Saturday’s forecast
Cloudy. Mild. High of 74 and low of 59. Sunrise at 5:57 am and sunset at 8:11 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Quote of the Day
“The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
– Nelson Mandela
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Tacos are closer to being served in Westover, just in time for the holidays. After a nearly 4-month delay, Westover Taco at 5849 Washington Blvd — previously the home of…
Enjoy some tasty bites while networking at BizArt at WHINO on December 11!
The Arlington Chorale is gearing up to bring a long-lost musical piece to life at its holiday concert next Saturday in Westover. The community choir plans to perform familiar classics,…
Plans to redevelop the Goodwill near Route 50 — with affordable housing, childcare and a new store and donation center — have received a relatively warm reception, per a recent…
Children’s Weekday Program (CWP) is a non-profit preschool rooted in a play-based philosophy. We focus on developing a love of learning and exploration, cooperation, empathy, and independence.
Our caring and experienced educators create opportunities for children 16 months to 5 years old to play, learn, and grow in a nurturing environment of child-centered and developmentally appropriate experiences.
Initially established more than 50 years ago in South Arlington, CWP continues to be a lauded program in the Northern Virginia area. We are extremely proud to have been recognized as a Best Preschool in Northern Virginia Magazine for the last 4 years.
Located now in North Arlington at 2666 Military Road, CWP offers a part-time parents day out and preschool program with options to extend care both before and after school. We offer a supportive and inclusive school community for children and parents alike and welcome all families to join our school!
The Optimist Club of Arlington is holding its 77th annual Christmas tree sale!
This year, the tree sale will be held at the Knights of Columbus (5115 Little Falls Road). The lot opens for sales on November 24th. The Optimist Club is selling small and large trees ranging from tabletop size to 10 foot tall trees! Wreaths, garland, tree stands, and White House Christmas ornaments will also be for sale.
100% of all proceeds go towards helping Arlington County youth.
For more information, please visit the Arlington Optimists website at https://optimistclubofarlingtonva.org/.
Holiday Art Show featuring artists: Peter Fitzgerald, Claire Plante, Alanna Rivera, and Suzy Scollon. At the Barcroft Community House, 800 South Buchanan St., Arlington, VA. Dec. 8 from, 2 PM to 8 PM and Dec. 9 from 10 AM to
2023 Christmas Tree Sales Begin
Saturday, December 2
Get your holiday decorating off to the right start this year! We will be selling 150 Fraser firs, freshly cut and delivered from Sparta, North Carolina.