It’s going to be a rainy Sunday. A very rainy Sunday.
A Flood Watch for much of the D.C. area was issued Friday night, ahead of the storm. Forecasters say 2-3 inches of rain is expected to fall, potentially causing flooding.
Strong winds are also expected late Sunday.
More from the National Weather Service:
…FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE SUNDAY NIGHT…
* WHAT…Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
* WHERE…Portions of DC, including the following , District of Columbia, Maryland, including the following areas, Anne Arundel, Cecil, Central and Southeast Howard, Central and Southeast Montgomery, Charles, Northern Baltimore, Northwest Harford, Prince Georges, Southeast Harford and Southern Baltimore, and northern Virginia, including the following areas, Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria, Central and Southeast Prince William/Manassas/Manassas Park, Fairfax, Southern Fauquier and Stafford.
* WHEN…From Sunday afternoon through late Sunday night.
* IMPACTS…Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations. Flooding may occur in poor drainage and urban areas. Storm drains and ditches may become clogged with debris.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– Two to three inches of rain are expected Sunday through late Sunday night with the heaviest rains falling during the afternoon and evening. This amount of rain could cause flooding of small streams, creeks and urban areas.
– Please visit www.weather.gov/safety/flood for flood safety and preparedness information
While quiet weather is expected tonight, a strong low pressure system will impact the region on Sunday. Heavy rain could cause flooding of small streams, creeks and urban areas. A Flood Watch has been issued for Sunday afternoon into late Sunday night. #DCwx #MDwx #VAwx #WVwx pic.twitter.com/EMoaGAx2yu
— NWS Baltimore-Washington (@NWS_BaltWash) December 9, 2023
⚠️A strong area of low pressure is likely to impact the area Sun into Mon. A soaking rain will overspread the region on Sun, with mountain snow as the system exits. Very gusty winds are also expected, particularly Sun evening into the first half of Mon. #MDwx #VAwx #DCwx #WVwx pic.twitter.com/lcKT5Rfhyy
— NWS Baltimore-Washington (@NWS_BaltWash) December 8, 2023
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
Spend the first Sunday of March tasting a great wine selection at Arrowine’s Super Sunday Tasting!
Workers lowered signage today (Friday) from the now-former Giant supermarket in the Lyon Village Shopping Center. Several passersby watched with interest as the team unscrewed the letters G-I-A-N-T from the…
New properties just listed in Arlington include a 3 BD/3 BA home with an expanded kitchen, fireplace and two lower levels.
March General Membership Meeting
NAACP Arlington Branch is celebrating Women’s History Month with a virtual public safety and Virginia legislative update. Our speakers are Commonwealth’s Attorney Parisa Dehghani-Tafti and Delegate Adele McClure.
Virginia House of Delegates, 2nd District in Arlington
Early Years Preschool is a small non-profit preschool and parents day out program that has served local families since 1992. Early Years Preschool is located in the Cherrydale neighborhood at 3701 Lorcom Lane.
Early Years Preschool offers part-time programs for young children between 12 months – 5 years old. Early Years also offers a 6 week summer program! The school day is 9:30-2:30, with the option of morning extended day offered at 9am. Families have the flexibility of registering for 1-3 days/week in their parent’s day out program (12 months- 2 year olds) and 2-5 days/week for their preschool program (3-5 year olds).
Early Years’ teachers provide a nurturing environment that promotes the development of a child’s emotional, social, cognitive, and physical skills. Creative and stimulating theme-based activities allow each child to develop and learn at his or her own pace through exploration and play.
Learn more about Early Years Preschool by contacting the admissions team at [email protected] or by visiting their website at http://www.earlyyearspreschool.org
Having worked with the likes of Gary Numan, DJ Neidermeyer lends authenticity a go-go. Enough to satisfy even the purists.
The Renegade boasts all of the virtues of Arlington’s premier music venues while providing bar bites that rival most restaurants