The 2012 winners of the annual Arlington’s Best Business Awards (ABBIES) were announced at this afternoon’s Arlington County Board meeting.
The contest organizer, Arlington Economic Development, said residents cast more than 5,000 online votes for their favorite local businesses. The nominees in each of the 17 categories can be found here.
The big winner today was Mark Fedorchak, co-owner of Liberty Tavern and Northside Social, who walked away with three awards. ARLnow.com also won an award.
The winners are as follows:
- Best Place for Arts & Culture: Signature Theatre
- Best Bargain Restaurant: Lost Dog Café
- Best Boutique: Artisan Confections
- Best Brunch: The Liberty Tavern
- Best Business Lunch: The Liberty Tavern
- Best Coffee: Northside Social
- Best Community Non-Profit: Animal Welfare League of Arlington
- Best Customer Service: Arlington Public Library
- Best Dessert: Heidelberg Pastry Shoppe
- Best Family-Friendly Spot: Arlington Public Library
- Best Happy Hour: Westover Beer Garden & Haus
- Best New Business: Trader Joe’s
- Best Online/Social Media Presence: ARLnow.com
- Best Place to Pamper Yourself: Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa
- Best Pizza: Pupatella
- Best Place to take a Date: Arlington Cinema & Draft House
- Best Place to Work Out: Thomas Jefferson Community Center
The pandemic, now nearly 2.5 years old, has bent time in weird ways. For many, a prolonged period of mostly staying at home — particularly in 2020 — made time…
A man allegedly got mad and drew a gun when an employee at a local car wash asked him to move his vehicle. The incident happened around 10:15 a.m. Tuesday…
(Updated, 8:50 p.m.) The company behind several Arlington bars is launching a membership service that aims to position its portfolio as a casual social club, of sorts. The D.C.-based hospitality…
October is National Arts & Humanities Month and Arts Focus highlights the NAHM 2022 Poster Competition now accepting submissions.
Do you struggle with anxiety, depression, stress, grief, trauma or anger? Are
you ready to make a change?
Lauren K. Nickum, LCSW, CSAC from Peaceful Mind Solutions is now taking new
clients for psychotherapy. Lauren has over 10 years of experience treating
mental health disorders and general life stress in adults and adolescents. For
more information visit
As the summer winds down, it’s a great time to look forward to a creative fall! Art House 7 has a terrific selection of classes, for preschoolers to adults. Our fall session, starting September 6, offers painting, drawing, sculpture, collage, ceramics (including the wheel) and sewing. We have specialty classes such as Suminagashi, the ancient art of Japanese water marbling.
If you’re looking for a shorter commitment, we also have a full schedule of workshops, Art Nights, and Morning Art Socials. If you haven’t discovered Art House 7, please check us out! We offer classes throughout the year, taught by a range of fantastic teachers. You can buy art supplies next door. We’re near the Lee Harrison shopping center, and free parking is outside our door.
Art House 7
5537 Langston Blvd.Arlington VA 22207
Have you ever considered purchasing a rental property but weren’t sure where to start? This free webinar will go over the basics of how to invest in real estate, how to choose rental properties, and a market overview. Our Director