Each ticket is only six bucks and is good for a drink and a guaranteed seat at Mad Rose.
We’ll be asking Cristol and Dorsey about a variety of local issues, including:
- The compromise deal to widen I-66
- The change they hope to bring to Arlington
- Millennial and minority participation in county government
- Bar crawls
- Post-streetcar plans for Columbia Pike
- How they managed to win last year in a very competitive Democratic primary
We’ll also be asking three questions suggested by readers, which had the most upvotes as of Tuesday:
- Moo 2.0: “Why do we have to pay $33 for a car sticker even though we already pay personal property tax on the vehicle and registration fees?”
- Obvious Troll: “The county board has repeatedly shown a willingness to approve new high density developments without accounting for the increased stress the added students living in those developments will place on nearby schools. Will you start requiring builders to make direct contributions towards new PERMANENT student seats in the county (not just trailers), rather than settling for ‘public art’ concessions? If not, why not?”
- Arlington Guy: “What is your plan for lowering the tax burden on existing residents? Isn’t that the best way to keep our seniors in their homes and get the younger folks to stay here instead of moving further out when it comes time to start a family?
Attendees will also have an opportunity to ask their own questions during the latter half of the event.