It’s Election Day and, as of 6 a.m., the polls are open in Arlington and throughout Virginia.
Polling places will remain open through 7 p.m. tonight. There are 52 electoral precincts in Arlington County, including three that have changed voting locations since the last election:
- Crystal City (voting at Crystal Place, 1801 Crystal Drive)
- Wilson (voting at Art Atrium at Bennett Park, 1601 Clarendon Blvd)
- Abingdon (voting at Fairlington Villages Community Center, 3005 S. Abingdon Street)
Some voters may have received incorrect information about their voting location last month, before a correction was mailed out.
If you’re heading out to vote, remember that voters in Virginia must present photo ID in order to be eligible to cast a ballot. Those who forget to bring their IDs may cast a provisional ballot that will only be counted if you can provide a copy of your ID to elections officials before noon on Friday.
The following will be on the ballot in Arlington:
President and Vice President
- Democrats Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine
- Republicans Donald Trump and Michael Pence
- Libertarians Gary Johnson and Bill Weld
- Greens Jill Stein and Ajamu Baraka
- Independents Evan McMullin and Nathan Johnson
House of Representatives for Virginia’s 8th District
- Democrat Don Beyer (essay, podcast)
- Republican Charles Hernick (essay, podcast)
- Independent Julio Gracia
Arlington County Board
Arlington School Board
High voter turnout is expected today, following a long, controversy-filled presidential election campaign. Arlington election officials say they’re prepared for the crowds.
ARLnow.com will have a mid-day update of voter turnout in Arlington, followed by live election results coverage later tonight.