It’s Election Day and, as of 6 a.m., the polls are open in Arlington and throughout Virginia.
Polling places will remain open through 7 p.m. tonight. There are 52 electoral precincts in Arlington County, including three that have changed voting locations since the last election:
- Crystal City (voting at Crystal Place, 1801 Crystal Drive)
- Wilson (voting at Art Atrium at Bennett Park, 1601 Clarendon Blvd)
- Abingdon (voting at Fairlington Villages Community Center, 3005 S. Abingdon Street)
Some voters may have received incorrect information about their voting location last month, before a correction was mailed out.
If you’re heading out to vote, remember that voters in Virginia must present photo ID in order to be eligible to cast a ballot. Those who forget to bring their IDs may cast a provisional ballot that will only be counted if you can provide a copy of your ID to elections officials before noon on Friday.
The following will be on the ballot in Arlington:
President and Vice President
- Democrats Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine
- Republicans Donald Trump and Michael Pence
- Libertarians Gary Johnson and Bill Weld
- Greens Jill Stein and Ajamu Baraka
- Independents Evan McMullin and Nathan Johnson
House of Representatives for Virginia’s 8th District
- Democrat Don Beyer (essay, podcast)
- Republican Charles Hernick (essay, podcast)
- Independent Julio Gracia
Arlington County Board
Arlington School Board
High voter turnout is expected today, following a long, controversy-filled presidential election campaign. Arlington election officials say they’re prepared for the crowds.
ARLnow.com will have a mid-day update of voter turnout in Arlington, followed by live election results coverage later tonight.
Fish Kill in Four Mile Run Last Week — “Anyone visiting lower Four Mile Run in the last several days should have noticed many dead fish, large and small, along…
Demolition of the former Jaleo restaurant building in Crystal City began this week, as the site plan review process for a redevelopment on the block kicked off earlier this month….
Kenmore Middle School’s student release has been delayed and the school has been placed in “secure the building” mode due to a possible security threat.
Biz Talk discusses Arlington’s business community and their commitment to sustainability.