The weekend is here and not a moment too soon for us here at ARLnow.com.
After all, it’s been a busy week. The top five most-read recent news stories this week were:
- A history teacher at Yorktown High School was charged with indecent exposure by Fairfax County Police after an incident in Tysons Corner Thursday night.
- The Walgreens store in Clarendon is slated to close on Feb. 21.
- Duane Chapman, the bounty hunter known as “Dog,” visited Don Tito (3165 Wilson Blvd) in Clarendon last weekend. He reportedly ordered a plate of fajitas.
- Police investigated a dead body found between Windy Run Park, in north Arlington, and the banks of the Potomac River on Tuesday.
- The Arlington County Sheriff’s Office on Monday served an eviction at 201 Chain Bridge Road, the palatial former home of former multimillionaire Rodney Hunt, on Monday.
What will next week bring? Only time will tell.
In the meantime, feel free to discuss these stories or any topic of local interest in comments.
President Biden reportedly repeated Donald Trump’s name 24 times during his gubernatorial campaign stop in Arlington last night, and it might have summoned the former president to come back for…
The Crossing Clarendon is buzzing with activity. The mixed-use shopping and residential center formerly known as Market Common Clarendon is now home to tens of thousands of honeybees. “We’ve been…
Modern Mobility is a biweekly opinion column. The views expressed are solely the author’s. I have heard some variation on that sentence more times than I can count at public…
(Updated, 5:10 p.m.) There will be free Lyft rides in Arlington and across the region this Halloween weekend. The Washington Regional Alcohol Program (WRAP) is again partnering with the rideshare…