The weekend is here and not a moment too soon for us here at ARLnow.com.
After all, it’s been a busy week. The top five most-read recent news stories this week were:
- A history teacher at Yorktown High School was charged with indecent exposure by Fairfax County Police after an incident in Tysons Corner Thursday night.
- The Walgreens store in Clarendon is slated to close on Feb. 21.
- Duane Chapman, the bounty hunter known as “Dog,” visited Don Tito (3165 Wilson Blvd) in Clarendon last weekend. He reportedly ordered a plate of fajitas.
- Police investigated a dead body found between Windy Run Park, in north Arlington, and the banks of the Potomac River on Tuesday.
- The Arlington County Sheriff’s Office on Monday served an eviction at 201 Chain Bridge Road, the palatial former home of former multimillionaire Rodney Hunt, on Monday.
What will next week bring? Only time will tell.
In the meantime, feel free to discuss these stories or any topic of local interest in comments.
Amazon has announced four more local businesses that will open at the first phase of its HQ2, known as Metropolitan Park, in Pentagon City. HQ2 will be home to Arlington’s second…
Decal Fee Officially Dead — “Arlington County Board members on May 14 followed through on a promise made last month and eliminated the ‘decal fee’ that has been imposed for…
Just Reduced includes a 4 BD/2.5 BA brick home with a walk out basement and patio.
Update at 9:40 p.m. — All lanes have reopened, Arlington County says. Update at 6:40 p.m. — The southbound lanes have reopened but the northbound lanes are expected to remain…