Called The Stand, it features a rotating menu of what it describes as “the best new food trends the area has to offer, right in the comfort of your own neighborhood.” It officially opened for business today (Wednesday).
The Social Restaurant Group partnered with venture capital firm Catalyst Venture Group on the project. It opened a few months after the water park’s former concession stand was forced to close when landlord Vornado declined to renew the lease.
November’s line-up at The Stand is as follows:
- All day, every day: Breakfast with B Doughnut and La Colombe Coffee
- November 1-3: Cookie Dough & Co. (cookies)
- November 6-10: Capital Chicken & Waffle (comfort food)
- November 13-17: Donburi (Japanese)
- November 20-22: Pinch Dumplings (traditional Chinese)
- November 27- December 1: Timber Pizza (pizza)
The partners are also behind the upcoming Common Ground Food Hall in Rosslyn, set to open in late 2018.
“We are so excited to introduce The Stand in Crystal City,” said Zi-Heng Zhu, co-founder of Common Ground Food Hall, in a statement. “Crystal City is full of creative people with an appetite for discoverable new kinds of food. It’s the perfect canvas for our chefs to share and test ideas in a fresh outdoor setting.”