It’s Friday, which means Arlington County is finally done with budget season — oh and it’s almost the weekend!
In fact, they voted on so many things of note, it’s almost impossible to summarize it all in one breath: getting rid of glass recycling, updating the county’s bike infrastructure plan; updating the public spaces master plan (coverage of that coming Monday), granting permission for Ballston Quarter to hang up some real big TVs, approving an incentive package for Gerber, approving a couple of outdoor cafes, and awarding some trees.
Outside of the dais there was also plenty of Arlington news this week. Here’s some of what you might have missed:
- State Senate Candidate Gets Into Twitter Fight
- New Ballston Domino’s Pizza Now Open
- Arlington Public Library Opens Free Makerspace
- New Gym Owned by Former Olympic Bobsledder Replacing Cosi in Courthouse
- Pet Sitting Apps May Background Check, But Animal Control Says Do Your Own Homework
Let us know your weekend plans and feel free to discuss these stories — or any other topic of local interest — in the comments below.