Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
The pace of real estate sales slowed slightly this week after last week’s record setting numbers. But Arlington’s market is still strong.
Sellers listed 68 homes this week, while 73 buyers ratified contracts. Some 24 of those homes sold within a week.
The escalating rhetoric this week about trade wars with China and the administration’s increase of tariffs on imported Chinese goods was both good and bad for home buyers. New tariff announcements caused jitters on Wall Street and fears it could hurt the U.S. economy, driving down the Dow Jones. But those concerns helped to push mortgage rates a little lower.
Buyers will need that break because the trade wars are raising the costs of home building and home remodeling. About 450 products from China like tile, countertops, lighting and many more are affected now with total added costs increasing about $1.5 billion nationally. That translates to about 4-5% increase in materials costs, and will raise costs to consumers by about 7-8%, according to the National Association of Home Builders.
Mortgage rates ended this week at about 4.125%-4.25% for a 30-yr fixed rate mortgage.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 4201 N. Lee Highway #306, Arlington, VA 22207 — $242,000
- 2021 21st Street N. #22, Arlington, VA 22201 — $350,000
- 851 N. Glebe Road #908, Arlington, VA 22203 — $429,000
- 2121 N. Military Road, Arlington, VA 22207 — $799,000
- 1703 N. Randolph Street, Arlington, VA 22207 — $859,000
- 524 N. Jackson Street, Arlington, VA 22201 — $940,000
- 111 N. Highland Street, Arlington, VA 22201 — $1,049,900
- 3019 N. Stuart Street, Arlington, VA 22207 — $1,550,000