It’s Friday and that means it’s time to turn your attention away from primary politics and focus on the weekend ahead.
On Tuesday, incumbent prosecutor Theo Stamos lost her bid for re-election to challenger Parisa Dehghani-Tafti in an upset that some experts say is unprecedented in Arlington. And on the national election stage, presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg visited Arlington for a private fundraising event.
Here are a few other stories from this week you might have missed during the election whirlwind:
- I-395 and I-66 Projects Causing Contractor Shortages, Higher Costs
- Local Nonprofit Wins $50,000 Grant to Build Book Bus
- Fiona’s Irish Pub in Crystal City Closes Suddenly
- New Pizza and Beer Restaurant Set to Open in Ballston Next Year
- ‘House of Mandi’ Falls, ‘King of Koshary’ Rises in its Place
What was your favorite story this week? And how are you going to enjoy the sun this weekend? Let us know in the comments below.