Aside from a possible freeze overnight, the weather should be pleasant and fall-like enough for some outdoor activities or ice skating during the day. Or you can check out some of the local events that are happening indoors.
Here are the biggest stories of the past week that was in Arlington:
- New Historical Map of Arlington Shows What County Looked Like 100 Years Ago
- Ovi and the Caps Celebrate Nats Win in Clarendon
- APS Proposes Major Elementary School Swap to Deal With Capacity Issues
- Afghan Kabob Restaurant in Courthouse to Close This Week (follow-up here)
- Photos: Elaborate Halloween Decorations Across Arlington
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Halloween 2019 in Arlington County
- Power Outage in Ballston, Bluemont
- Arlington Public Schools Now Requiring Chaperones for Younger Kids at Sporting Events
Feel free to discuss these stories or any other topics of local interest in the comments. Have a great weekend!
The Arlington School Board unanimously approved a $749.9 million budget for the 2022-23 school year during its meeting Thursday night. Revenue for the Fiscal Year 2023 budget includes a $563.8…
JINYA Ramen Bar is set to open its newest location in Ballston this weekend. The noodle eatery says its official opening will happen this Saturday (May 21) at 11 a.m….
Chris Horton, Arlington County’s independent auditor since 2016, is leaving his post. Horton was hired in late 2016 after previously serving in the Office of Auditor General at Fairfax County…
Metro Delays Due to Safety Snafu — “Metro’s Chief Safety Officer reports that nearly half of Metro’s 500 rail operators have lapsed recertification… In consultation with the Board of Directors, Metro…