A three day weekend is here, meaning extra rest and relaxation for many, and no need to feed the parking meter on Monday.
Some snow and freezing precipitation may make for hazardous travel on Saturday — even though Arlington is outside the current Winter Weather Advisory — so be careful if you’re on the roads. The main event in Arlington on Sunday, other than the NFL playoffs on TV, will be the scheduled Martin Luther King Jr. tribute at Wakefield High School.
ARLnow staff will either be off or working on other projects on Monday, so nothing will be published except in the event of breaking news.
For the die-hards reading this, you might wonder whatever happened to our top vote-getting rejected t-shirt design. Well, the “King of the North (Arlington)” shirt is here and you can order it today.
Here are the most-read articles on the site this week:
- Arlington County Ready to Hit the Gas on Lee Highway Transformation Plan
- Uber Driver Arrested After Pedestrian Struck at Advanced Towing Lot
- Red Hook Lobster Pound Pinches New Space Near Clarendon
- Police Investigating Death on Yellow Line Train
- Arlington County Moving Forward With Pedestrian Bridge Near Shirlington
- There’s a Simple Explanation for High Recent Water Bills, Officials Say
- Windows Smashed, Airbags Stolen in Car Larceny Spree
- New Apartment Building Now Open Near Courthouse
- Quick-Service Lebanese Eatery LEBTAV Opens in Ballston
Feel free to discuss those or any other topics of local interest in the comments. Have a great long weekend!