Arlington is reopening, but the reopening is a bit uneven.
The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City mall, which is starting to reopen, was nearly empty around lunchtime, as seen above. In Clarendon, meanwhile, the outdoor patios of restaurants were busy and The Lot beer garden was especially packed Friday evening.
Here are the most-read articles of the past week:
- Neighborhood Abuzz Over Bear Sighting in East Falls Church
- N. Va. Expected to Reopen, Masks Required on Friday
- Distance Learning to Start School Year ‘Very Probable,’ APS Says (May 22)
- Local Gentlemen’s Club Reopening Friday, Sans Dancers
- State Police Chase Ends in Pentagon City
- Testing Up, Deaths Now Over 100 As Reopening in Sight
- County Board Approves Process for Temporary Outdoor Restaurant Seating Areas
- Yorktown Principal Apologizes for Banner Seen as Racist (May 21)
- Arlington Hits a Few Bumps in Park Reopening Process
Feel free to discuss those or any other topics of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend!
Photo courtesy Ryan Kelly
Arlington County could use federal American Rescue Plan Act funding to take a swing at making the “Arlington Way” work for more residents. From what a development project should look…
Making Room is a biweekly opinion column. The views expressed are solely the author’s. The Site Plan Review Committee begins today for the redevelopment of The Marbella. This project is…
It took Maywood resident Stephen Young nearly 19 months, 92 rides, and more than 1,000 miles to bike every street in Arlington. He finally finished the goal Saturday morning in…
Sponsored by Monday Properties and written by ARLnow, Startup Monday is a weekly column that profiles Arlington-based startups, founders, and other local technology news. Monday Properties is proudly featuring 1515 Wilson Blvd in Rosslyn. Qntfy, an Arlington-based startup…