Arlington is reopening, but the reopening is a bit uneven.
The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City mall, which is starting to reopen, was nearly empty around lunchtime, as seen above. In Clarendon, meanwhile, the outdoor patios of restaurants were busy and The Lot beer garden was especially packed Friday evening.
Here are the most-read articles of the past week:
- Neighborhood Abuzz Over Bear Sighting in East Falls Church
- N. Va. Expected to Reopen, Masks Required on Friday
- Distance Learning to Start School Year ‘Very Probable,’ APS Says (May 22)
- Local Gentlemen’s Club Reopening Friday, Sans Dancers
- State Police Chase Ends in Pentagon City
- Testing Up, Deaths Now Over 100 As Reopening in Sight
- County Board Approves Process for Temporary Outdoor Restaurant Seating Areas
- Yorktown Principal Apologizes for Banner Seen as Racist (May 21)
- Arlington Hits a Few Bumps in Park Reopening Process
Feel free to discuss those or any other topics of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend!
Photo courtesy Ryan Kelly
Want the VIP treatment for the region’s favorite social bike ride? Of course you do. DC Bike Ride invites riders of all ages and abilities to bike through 20 miles…
From a new Columbia Pike library to a dedicated pickleball court, County Manager Mark Schwartz’s proposed 10-year $3.9 billion capital improvement plan would fund projects across Arlington. The first 10-year…
Arlington is in the midst of a rash of vehicle-related crimes. In just the past three weeks or so, 28 cars have been stolen and 35 airbags have been stolen,…
After a relatively cool spring, the D.C. area is going to get a blast of mid-summer temperatures this weekend, and forecasters want residents to prepare. The National Weather Service has…