The week started with a bang, literally.
The demolition of the former Rosslyn Holiday Inn hotel tower on Sunday, with photos and video from ARLnow staff photographer Jay Westcott, was far and away our most-read story of the week.
If you’re looking for a unique angle on the implosion, check out Rosslyn resident (and Axios co-founder) Mike Allen’s view from his condo, in item #8 of this Axios AM newsletter.
Here are the most-viewed articles of the past week:
- Video: Implosion of Rosslyn Holiday Inn Hotel Tower
- Crystal City Staple Americana Hotel is Permanently Closed
- Winter Weather Advisory Issued Ahead of Expected Wednesday Snowfall
- ACPD Officer Dragged After Traffic Stop on I-66
- Arlington Ranked Safest Locality in U.S., With Lowest Cost of Crime
- Arlington Asks Richmond for Authority to Install Speed Cameras and Lower Speed Limits
- Police: Drug Deal Gone Wrong Leads to Beating Near Ballston
- Demolition of Alpine Restaurant is Approved, Kickstarting Work on The Children’s School
- Construction Wraps Up on Crystal City Building That Will House Amazon Offices
- County Board Speeds Up Timeline to Change the Arlington Logo
Feel free to discuss those stories, or anything else of local interest, in the comments. Have a nice weekend!