The week started with a bang, literally.
The demolition of the former Rosslyn Holiday Inn hotel tower on Sunday, with photos and video from ARLnow staff photographer Jay Westcott, was far and away our most-read story of the week.
If you’re looking for a unique angle on the implosion, check out Rosslyn resident (and Axios co-founder) Mike Allen’s view from his condo, in item #8 of this Axios AM newsletter.
Here are the most-viewed articles of the past week:
- Video: Implosion of Rosslyn Holiday Inn Hotel Tower
- Crystal City Staple Americana Hotel is Permanently Closed
- Winter Weather Advisory Issued Ahead of Expected Wednesday Snowfall
- ACPD Officer Dragged After Traffic Stop on I-66
- Arlington Ranked Safest Locality in U.S., With Lowest Cost of Crime
- Arlington Asks Richmond for Authority to Install Speed Cameras and Lower Speed Limits
- Police: Drug Deal Gone Wrong Leads to Beating Near Ballston
- Demolition of Alpine Restaurant is Approved, Kickstarting Work on The Children’s School
- Construction Wraps Up on Crystal City Building That Will House Amazon Offices
- County Board Speeds Up Timeline to Change the Arlington Logo
Feel free to discuss those stories, or anything else of local interest, in the comments. Have a nice weekend!
Did you know the Arlington Public Library lets you borrow free energy efficiency tools? The latest Rethink Energy shares the details.
President Joe Biden paid a visit to Arlington and the recently-renovated Lubber Run Park, in support of Democrat Terry McAuliffe’s Virginia gubernatorial bid.
With one month to go before school starts, parents are being urged to enroll their kids in some Arlington public schools amid a continued drop in enrollment. Screenshots and emails…
When Marjorie Tarantino was closing on the purchase of her townhouse this spring, she learned there were problems with the deck. Tarantino had bought a property in the Richard Bassett…