Earlier in the year we checked in on some local businesses that were listed for sale online.
Listing aggregator BizBuySell generally doesn’t name the business that’s for sale, but the descriptions in each listing provide some clues. With the pandemic causing financial hardship for many small businesses, while prompting older owners to contemplate retirement, the list of businesses for sale remains relatively long.
Below are some that are currently listed in Arlington. Note that some listings may be for businesses that already closed and thus no longer active.
- Prime Location Restaurant & Bar — “High volume restaurant & bar located on a heavy traffic road in Arlington VA. This restaurant was established in 2019 with all brand new top of the line furniture, fixtures & equipment. With an extensive menu featuring burgers, sandwiches, steak & fish platters to salads and everything in between, this restaurants specialty is its infamous craft beer, rotating drafts & cocktail selection.”
- RESTAURANT & BAR Full Kitchen/Bring Your Own Concept — “Currently open as a Restaurant and Bar. Huge potential for motivated and experienced parties to take over and convert to a Sports bar, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Italian restaurant, Hookah bar, or Bakery. Located in very busy corner location with a lot of foot traffic. Size 2,500 Sf. Rent $14,760.”
- Pet Grooming Spa — “Great Opportunity for Pet Groomers. Located in heart of Arlington. Excellent client base with many loyal repeat customers. Business is open 6 days a week on a appt only basis.”
- Dry Cleaners for Sale/Prime locations — “Prime locations. Doing very well in this challenging time. Just reduced sale price! Well established profitable business. Each 1600sf store. 1-plant, 1 pick up store. Loyal customers. Owned since 1997 ( 23 years) Reasonable rent. High growth potential in the booming market. Pick up store location only using about 60% of space. ( could sublease the other 40% to tuxedo rental for example ) Right cross street brand new apartment complex going to deliver soon. (calculating 25%-30% increase in revenue) Has alterations & shoe repair. The current owner not doing any marketing and offering any promotions. Most employees will stay.”
- Ice Cream business in a high income area — “Unique and Very well established Ice Cream business in a very nice area surrounded by businesses and residentials. VERY high-income area with limited dessert choice. Seller’s initial investment was more than $350K about 2 years ago. High End Establishment. Great Reputation. Seller is looking for a experienced and passionate buyer who can utilize this business and location to make a very profitable business. Currently, this is a franchise business, but a buyer can keep this or put his/her own concept to increase revenue.”
- Nail, Hair Salon and Spa — “Well established Spa serving a well-to-do community for 20 years. Grocery anchored shopping center. 11 massage rooms (2 for couples), 9 has water. 3 toilets, 3 showers, 1 sauna, 1 dry spa. Large spa but rent is very reasonable. Membership program, gift card sale available. Most staff will stay. Seller will help during transition. A face lift will bring in new energy and more growth.”
- Profitable Fast Casual Restaurant in Arlington — “Do not miss this opportunity to own a turn key fast casual restaurant in the heart of Arlington VA. This restaurant is surrounded by office buildings as well as residential condos and apartments which provides heavy walking traffic. All furniture, fixtures and equipment are in pristine condition and included in the price. This profitable restaurant can be converted to fit almost any menu/concept and the rent is well below the current market price. Street parking with 2 spots for ownership.”
- Latin Fast Food Carry Out with Food Truck — “Profitable fast casual Latin American restaurant for sale with option to buy food truck. Established in 2011, this restaurant has come along way with nothing but great reviews. Located on a heavily populated road in Arlington VA surrounded by office buildings and residential. The restaurant does approximately $500,000 a year in annual sales while the food truck averages $5,000 dollars per week with only running 15 hours per week. The restaurant has a beer, wine and liquor license but does not currently serve liquor.”
- Asian Fusion-Carry Out Restaurant for Sale — “Location, location, location! on the main road of Arlington county Asian Fusion Carry-Out for sale. Easy to change the menu to Pizza, [Rotisserie], or Sushi Restaurant. 1500 sf. 16 seat capacity. 8 parking spaces. (4 in front,4 in the back) Big basement. Decent size kitchen. Walk-in cooler.12 feet hood in place. Pandemic forced to close this business but a great opportunity for other concepts. 5 years lease remaining and 1-5 year option. Low rent and good location is the key to success.”
- Pizza place for sale — “Great location in Arlington, very low rent 1200 sq ft… very unique pizza place , excellent service and quality food.”
- Retail Upscale Lingerie Boutique — “This award-winning European-stye boutique offers upscale women’s lingerie from a high-end storefront in a high traffic urban area. This is an exciting opportunity to purchase an establishment with enormous upside potential. The store’s bra-fitting services attract and retain an extensive group of very loyal customers. Because women should have a bra-fitting every year and that requires an in-person visit, this business does not compete with online retailers.”
- Two Upscale & Modern Group Fitness Centers — “Great opportunity to own two top-rated and innovative group fitness centers that provide a proprietary group exercise program, personal training, and open gym services. The Arlington location was opened in 2017 and has established a large loyal client base, and the Alexandria location opened in October of 2020 in a new upscale mixed-use plaza. Each facility is outfitted with the latest cardio, strength training, and functional fitness equipment as well as wearable heart rate technology that can display on screens throughout the facility.”
Last year, Americans were inundated with millions of political calls. Texting technologies added to the deluge: 2.72 billion political text messages were sent in September 2020 alone.
Arlingtonian Victoria Virasingh has thrown her hat into the ring to challenge Rep. Don Beyer for the 8th District Democratic primary next year. Beyer has held onto the 8th District,…
Sponsored by Monday Properties and written by ARLnow, Startup Monday is a weekly column that profiles Arlington-based startups, founders, and other local technology news. Monday Properties is proudly featuring 1515 Wilson Blvd in Rosslyn. Ballston startup GoTab, which…
The latest Legal Insider explains how a medical professional could help you with security clearance.