Another week, another busy news cycle with plenty of local stories to cover.
Next week, as we head into the long Memorial Day weekend, looks to be busy as well, though holidays have a way of slowing things down.
Because of how much there was to cover over the past two weeks, enough stories got bumped to next week that our coverage plan is already completely full through at least Thursday morning.
Speaking of next week, we will likely not be publishing, or will be publishing on a reduced schedule, on Friday. After 15 months of a pandemic, and of covering local news from kitchen tables, we’re giving our staff a much-needed four-day weekend to relax.
But enough about next week’s coverage. Below are our most-read articles from the past week.
- Neighbors Saved Driver from Car Minutes Before Flames Engulfed It
- Arlington Acquires Land in Potomac Yard for Planned Upgrades to Park
- New Steakhouse Coming to Former Ben’s Chili Bowl Space
- No New Coronavirus Cases Reported Today in Arlington
- Facing Blowback From New Summer School Restrictions, APS Apologizes to Teachers
- Coronavirus Cases Hit Lowest Point Since Start of Pandemic
- County Board Directs Manager to Consider More Logo Designs
- A Flurry of Activity at the Serrano Apartments After Residents Decry Conditions
- Construction on Red Top Cab Site Set for Fall Pending More Approvals
Feel free to discuss those stories, or anything else of local interest, in the comments. Have a nice weekend!